Help! FPS Drop while playing PUBG

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Guys, What should I do to fix this problem because whenever I play PUBG I get 30 to 10fps ingame. Is my PC bottleneck? If yes what should I do to fix bottleneck problem here's my specs:

CPU: AMD A6-7400K
RAM: 8GB (6.96Usable) Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard: MSI A68HM-E33 V2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4gb GDDR5
Storage: 500gb

mikeywhelan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

CPU is holding you back pretty bad. This game is quite horribly optimized though, give it a few stages of development and the performance might improve. If you really really want to play the game, look into a new CPU.

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

Okay, but what type of CPU should I buy that is compatible with my GPU and Motherboard?

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

Well whenever I play League of Legends also it gets 100% on CPU and PUBG also. what do you think on what kind of CPU should I buy for my system? Please tell me if it is compatible with my motherboard and gpu

AniChatt

Distinguished

On your mobo you don't have a good choice right now. Have to upgrade mobo/ram. Another thing is AMD APU has a average cpu performance and way better gpu performance. Now you are using a discrete nvidia gpu and you are not actually taking advantage of the apu. It can be done by adding a compatible Radeon card and crossfire it with your APU.

Since your cpus compute performance is way low, you can not get a better cpu on this mobo becs there is nothing there in amd apu line which is significantly better. You have to switch it either to ryzen which has best upgrade path right now or intel 7th or 8th gen cpus.

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

Is there another way to improve my system? because I don't want to buy another graphics card since I've already bought it recently and it cost me $150. And the mobo also.

The gpu is good but to upgrade your CPU to something modern you have to get a new motherboard and RAM (DDR4). The FM2+ cpu socket of your motherboard is obsolete now.

Don't worry about not matching an AMD GPU with your APU. Mostly games don't support it and those that do the gains are tiny.

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
Try to find a used Athlon X4 870k or 880k on ebay. If you can't upgrade your cpu/motherboard/ram, then that is your only route. Keep in mind, you will likely need to update your bios first before installing the new cpu.

Either cpu would give you a bump in performance, as PUBG has MUCH better multi-core support now with the 1.0 update.

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

Well i'm using this website also (don't know if it's accurate or legit and the website is Game-debate) and when I try to test my hardware like I put the AMD Athlon X4 880k and with the same videocard GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB and the ram is 6gb it says it's not bottleneck but whenever I changed the RAM to 8gb it becomes bottleneck? Does it really become bottleneck whenever you change your RAM? Btw, what CPU is better AMD Athlon X4 880k or AMD A10-7890K is just the same?

Here's the link when it says it's not bottleneck (6GB RAM): https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=33898&game=PlayerUnknowns%20Battlegrounds&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=Athlon+X4+880K&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+1050+Ti+4GB&ram=6&screenRes_width_FPS=1920&screenRes_height_FPS=1080&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

Here's the link when it says IT'S BOTTLENECK (8GB RAM): https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=33898&game=PlayerUnknowns%20Battlegrounds&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=Athlon+X4+870K&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+1050+Ti+4GB&ram=8&screenRes_width_FPS=1920&screenRes_height_FPS=1080&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

What do you think of a good motherboard and a ram that is both compatible with eachother more like a good combo with a motherboard and a ram

Game debate is a joke, ignore it.

Ryzen 1400 with 8 or 16 Gb RAM (2666mhz or above) would be nice. Have a look at stores near you as they may do bundles which are the cheapest way to buy.

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

Okay i've look up at pcpartpicker and built this, it this good enough for my GTX 1050 Ti 4gb?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/49R6TH

AniChatt

Distinguished

1. It will be better to select 2x4gb and use it in dual channel config which is recommended for ryzen. If you are planning to buy another stick after saving some money later on, then keep it as it is.
2. If it is not a big problem for you, select a 2400Mhz or 2666Mhz ram.
Otherwise not a problem. This config will set free your GTX 1050ti:)

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

So you're saying that the components I picked it compatible with my graphics card and is good enough to run PUBG?

AniChatt

Distinguished

Yes of course compatible with GPU. No problem at all. To run PUBG at moderate setting on 1080p yes no problem. You will get reasonable fps. Just buy two dimm sticks instead of one and if possible at least 2400Mhz for Ryzen setup. What is you PSU wattage and make?

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

Okay, what do you mean "PSU wattage and make"?

AniChatt

Distinguished

Wattage & Make: Your PSU Brand and Model no? It is a decent one or not.

jiopolicarpio1

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017

From the processor? or the motherboard? Well from the motherboard that supports the Ryzen 3 1300X is it's wattage make is at 65 i'm not sure what you're talking about but here's a link just finding Ryzen 3 1300X there:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-MORTAR#support-cpu