Help getting new monitors

Charybdis9

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
So I am looking to get 3 new monitors. I am budgeting/hoping for around $600-$650 for all 3. I would also love for them to be VESA mountable to help conserve desk space. Thin bezels are also obviously a plus. Any suggestions? More details in questionnaire below :)

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin? United States

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? Games, Movies/Cable Box, Work

3. What resolution and screen size do you want? 22" - 27"

4. What refresh rate do you want? 60 would be fine, 120/144 would be a perk

5. How much are you looking to spend? ~$200/monitor (3 monitors desired)

6. Brands Preferred: Any

7. Brands Not Preferred: N/A

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor? Yes, 3

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? Have not decided on a GPU yet.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To: HDMI for Cable Box, DVI-D/DP for PC

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display? Both I guess

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop? No

Are you going to be using the monitor that is HDMI to the cable box as both a computer monitor and a TV or just a TV? If only a TV, you might want to consider getting a TV - as they are a lot less expensive as compared to monitors, and usually the sound is better. You also want to decide on a GPU - as the connections from the GPU to the monitors will determine what connections are needed on the monitors (i.e. if your monitor has mini-display ports only, using a monitor that is HDMI/DVI doesn't work as well, or vice-versa.....

Charybdis9

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
I am thinking of using it as both part of the triple setup, as well as for the cable box when I want to watch that during down time. More as a distraction than anything else, and if it makes it more difficult that idea can be scratched all together really. I was looking at the GTX 970's, but with the new info that just came out I am a little hesitant. Although, I am not really sure if this will have any bearing on triple setup or not.