Help GPU high temp

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello everyone first of all i use Nvidia Geforce GT 9800. 2 months ago my PC had some problems starting up it showed A LOT of errors in the event viewer about the hard drive and after 10 days it died. Last month my PC started working normally with the hard drive that has problems idk how this happened but im lucky. Currently im at the PC and the hard drive is holding up pretty well (ive been using it for 11 years and ill buy a new one an SSD). Before my PC died my when my PC was idle the GPU temp was about as the CPU about 45 celsius. Now when it's idle its about 58-63 celsius and when i game its 65-72. Idk what caused to get these temps. I have cleaned my PC from dust. I usually clean it every 2 months. Also the GPUs thermal paste hasn't been replaced yet!. Ive been using the GPU about 5 years.

System specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
CPU: Intel I5-750 2.9ghz
GPU:Geforce GT 9800
Ram: 12gb
if i missed a spec that you need tell me

Thank you for your time

Solution
Have you also cleaned the gpu from the inside? If not then you will probaly have a lot of dust build up in there, as the gpu is pretty old. Also, like zyh1987 said, try reapplying the thermal paste. I personally like arctic silver 5

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017

Yes ive set it to run high on high temps. Before my PC died the fan was at 30 at the lowest and the temp was normal. About the thermal paste i hoped i could do that but i can't is there any other solutions except thermal paste? Which is the best software to run GPU stress?

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Have you also cleaned the gpu from the inside? If not then you will probaly have a lot of dust build up in there, as the gpu is pretty old. Also, like zyh1987 said, try reapplying the thermal paste. I personally like arctic silver 5

Solution