Question HELP! High end gaming PC starts freezing and lagging after a few hours of being on.

Barumamook

Reputable
Jul 10, 2017
PC hardware:

AMD Ryzen 3900
Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz X 32GB
AMD Radeon 6900XT
Corsair RM850x 80 plus gold
AIO watercooler for CPU
5 case fans
3 x SSD
2xHDD
-------------------------------------------------------------------
After a while of being on my PC will start visibly lagging or getting jittery, then devolves into freezing for seconds at a time.
This will get clearly worse when I open any application, doesn't matter what drive the application is on either.

There are two specific things that happen though:

1. This happens after about 6 hours of the PC being on
  2. If left on and untouched from boot (no new processes started) explorer.exe will crash, the task bar disappears and the computer becomes even more laggy to the point it freezes for multiple seconds over and over when anything is opened or done on the PC.

Things I've tried or verified:

Disabled all startup processes

Cloned and replaced my old HDD from 2013 that had CRC errors showing.

Windows memory diagnostic: RAM is good according to it (could still be bad I guess)

Checked temps and usage during the freezing periods, temps are good, usage doesn't' show anything insane

Looking at reported power consumption and it looks to stay well within parameters expected

Updated drivers: there were some updates needed

Made sure there is space on the primary drive containing windows: only 30GB+ which should be fine.
Checked resource usage during issue: below 20% CPU and below 40% memory

Scanned with MalwareBytes and Windows defender: nothing found

Checked the main C: drive with samsung's SSD checker, looks great on there.

Reboots do relieve the issue, so I have no idea what the heck is up with this, never had the issue before.

Any help is much appreciated.

PC hardware:

AMD Ryzen 3900
Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz X 32GB
AMD Radeon 6900XT
Corsair RM850x 80 plus gold
AIO watercooler for CPU
5 case fans
3 x SSD
2xHDD
-------------------------------------------------------------------
After a while of being on my PC will start visibly lagging or getting jittery, then devolves into freezing for seconds at a time.
This will get clearly worse when I open any application, doesn't matter what drive the application is on either.

There are two specific things that happen though:

1. This happens after about 6 hours of the PC being on
  2. If left on and untouched from boot (no new processes started) explorer.exe will crash, the task bar disappears and the computer becomes even more laggy to the point it freezes for multiple seconds over and over when anything is opened or done on the PC.
Things I've tried or verified:

Disabled all startup processes

Cloned and replaced my old HDD from 2013 that had CRC errors showing.

Windows memory diagnostic: RAM is good according to it (could still be bad I guess)

Checked temps and usage during the freezing periods, temps are good, usage doesn't' show anything insane

Looking at reported power consumption and it looks to stay well within parameters expected

Updated drivers: there were some updates needed

Made sure there is space on the primary drive containing windows: only 30GB+ which should be fine.
Checked resource usage during issue: below 20% CPU and below 40% memory

Scanned with MalwareBytes and Windows defender: nothing found

Checked the main C: drive with samsung's SSD checker, looks great on there.

Reboots do relieve the issue, so I have no idea what the heck is up with this, never had the issue before.

Any help is much appreciated.
Unplug all disk except the OS disk.
Boot the pc.
Do you still have the problem after many hrs?