HELP!!!, HOW DO I STEALT PORT 113?

I use SHIELD UP and SYGATE to test my port and they both show that the port
113 (the IDENT ) is closed. I want to have it stealted and I can't figure it
out how to do it. I have broadband connection using a Belkin router combine
with Sygate Firewall Pro software and windows xp Firewall. My router has NAT
and ICMP enable.

There is an option in the setup for my Linksys router to stealth port 113.
Check your router options.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"mainframe6000" <mainframe6000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use SHIELD UP and SYGATE to test my port and they both show that the port
> 113 (the IDENT ) is closed. I want to have it stealted and I can't figure
> it
> out how to do it. I have broadband connection using a Belkin router
> combine
> with Sygate Firewall Pro software and windows xp Firewall. My router has
> NAT
> and ICMP enable.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

* mainframe6000 <mainframe6000@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> I use SHIELD UP and SYGATE to test my port and they both show that the port
> 113 (the IDENT ) is closed. I want to have it stealted and I can't figure it
> out how to do it. I have broadband connection using a Belkin router combine
> with Sygate Firewall Pro software and windows xp Firewall. My router has NAT
> and ICMP enable.

Look on your router where to "stealth" it, most likely it comes with a
web config page. But don't worry about it too much having the port show
as closed is fine.

Jason