Question help! I accidentally unlatched cpu cooler & now dead in the water.

Mar 28, 2024
earlier this mon or Tues i figured i should clean my CPU / GPU after 8+ months. but on accident, i unlatched my Cooler (Stock AMD Wraith prism) and then realized that is not how i did it last time!, The CPU & cooler and the RGB Corsair RAM would no longer start or even light up for that fact, The PWR button does nothing. I have triple-checked all connections - no issues... Could it be possible I fried my CPU? or could it be possible there was some "tension" and when i unlatched it they popped up a bit? I've heard from a friend sometimes the stock thermal paste sticks to the CPU... i am clueless atm.

It will not power on at all or show signs of life, minus the Mobo Lighting up. Before i did that, it had been running fine with no issues.,.. any help is great. I'm not so much a pc guy as i used to be when i built this back in 2021.

Specs
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700x - Stock Wraith Prism RBG cooler
Mobo - Asus Rog Strix B450 Gaming II
PSU - Corsair CX750M
Ram - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 16GB (3200)

Mar 28, 2024
what do you mean you can't find it on your motherboard. do you have a different motherboard?
same one you linked, i edited my post from earlier I did find them but they do not light up whatsoever.

sounds like what a friend told me new cpu/mobo time

TRENDING THREADS