Question Help! I just built a new pc but it turns on and off and shows no display

May 7, 2020
Help! I just built a new pc but it turns on and off and shows no display. I'm not able to power off by clicking the power button, i am only to power off by holding the power button for like 7 seconds. Are any of my parts Faulty? Please help😢.

Also for some reason my ram is loose in the mobo and can easily be taken out is this normal? the pc specs is:

asrock b450m pro4
ryzen 5 2600,
rx 580
patriot viper 2x4 gb 3000mhz,
thermaltake smart 500w ,
inland premium 256 gb nvme m.2 ssd, ,
and nzxt h10 case.

A first build btw.

UPDATE their is a high pitched noise coming from my pc and I don't hear any beeps.

Last edited:

bignastyid

Titan
If the ram was not installed properly it could have jumped or shorted and took out the motherboard and or ram, even potentially damaging the MC on the cpu/ Another issue with the build is the PSU. It's low quality and too small for a RX580. You want a good quality 550w PSU for an RX 580.

May 7, 2020
If the ram was not installed properly it could have jumped or shorted and took out the motherboard and or ram, even potentially damaging the MC on the cpu/ Another issue with the build is the PSU. It's low quality and too small for a RX580. You want a good quality 550w PSU for an RX 580.
Guys i was able to get into bios but theirs a new problem only 1 stick of ram is found and at much lower speeds than marketed