Question HELP- I recently got a 6600xt and getting low fps, low gpu clock speed and stuttering

Nov 30, 2021
I just recently got a 6600xt to add onto my current build, which has a Ryzen 5 3400G and was using integrated graphics. Now after adding the graphics card, I am getting low fps in games like Warzone (60fps on all low settings) and Valorant (120 fps and stuttering on low settings). In the case of Valorant, my fps actually went lower than before the upgrade and I don't know why. I ran MSI afterburner on Rust and I saw I had 50% gpu usage with 1400mhz which is much lower than the base clock speed and 70% cpu usage. The temperature of the GPU was only 50 degrees. Can someone help.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3400g
Sapphire pulse 6600xt
2x8gb 3000mhz ram
550w power supply

I have tried:
Remove old drivers with ddu and downloading latest drivers. I have tried updating bios and chipset drivers.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021
When you switched cards did you use DDU and do a completely clean driver install? If not download it and run it, then reinstall drivers.
Yeah I used ddu and did a completely clean driver install. I also reverted to windows 10 because I was on windows 11 and I update bios plus downloaded chipset drivers. I don’t know if I should reset my whole pc maybe that will fix it?

jasonf2

Distinguished
I did a little digging. It seems that that particular card has somewhat of a reputation for doing exactly what you are describing. In particular very low locked thermals and poor framerates in Valorant. Unfortunately I was unable to find any fix noted.

Nov 30, 2021
I did a little digging. It seems that that particular card has somewhat of a reputation for doing exactly what you are describing. In particular very low locked thermals and poor framerates in Valorant. Unfortunately I was unable to find any fix noted.
Ok. Thanks for researching. I might keep looking for a fix. Do you think I can send the graphics card back to be replaced because of these issue?

jasonf2

Distinguished
It is dependent on who you purchased from and the manufacture. I would check with your retailer first. Many have a no questions asked return policy for so many days. On the other hand a manufacture warranty typically exists, but honestly in circumstances like this where the card is operational, but not meeting expectations getting the manufacturer to do anything can be difficult to say the least.