[help] I recently installed a 1060 sc to my setup (my computer crashes)

axcious

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
So I recently installed a 1060 and a Evga bronze bt 450w power supply, my graphics card is paired with a amd fx 6300 (bottleneck im sure)

So I had a 750 before and a Allied atx 350w power supply there was no crashing when I had those.
So I installed them both correctly i deleted the old drivers and put the new ones for my 1060 and everything was fine until around the 20th day my computer started restarting it self randomly while I was watching youtube, playing games, but sometimes it doesn't I need help, thanks in advance.

Sorry if Im not in the right forum

Solution
That's great. Did you do it in safe mode? Because if you didn't, then you did not many of the relevant registry settings, nor were all the files removed, as there are a good number that cannot be removed without being in safe mode when the DDU is run.

How to boot into safe mode in Windows 10

Also, that was only part of my post. You did not respond to any of the rest of my questions or suggestions.
Anybody you know that can loan you a PSU for testing? The EVGA BT450 is not particularly good. I would not be surprised if there were issues with that OR with the graphics card.

If the drivers have been updated, automatically or manually, at any point after initially installing the drivers, then I'd try a clean install of those using the DDU first, and go from there.

*Graphics card CLEAN install tutorial using the DDU*

Also, please list your full system specs including motherboard model and any drives that are attached.

axcious

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017

ive cleaned it with ddu b4

That's great. Did you do it in safe mode? Because if you didn't, then you did not many of the relevant registry settings, nor were all the files removed, as there are a good number that cannot be removed without being in safe mode when the DDU is run.

How to boot into safe mode in Windows 10

Also, that was only part of my post. You did not respond to any of the rest of my questions or suggestions.

Solution