[SOLVED] Help I think I [redacted] up my motherboard

Dec 28, 2021
Hello I have recently stumbled across a black screen while I have attempted to enable secure boot while having mbr mode on, I haven’t found any solutions to this but here is what I’ve tried
Clr_cmos by removing battery and jumping the pins
I have tried to q flash but died shortly after realizing I don’t have a q flash button on my motherboard

Here are my specs
Gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard (not v2)
Amd ryzen 5 2600 cpu
Amd Radeon rx 570 gpu

please help me solve this!!!

Solution
Yet another bricked Gigabyte board by trying to enable secure boot. Generally if clearing CMOS is not enough to reach the BIOS again, you are kind of screwed. The options that are known to work (in some cases) are:
  • disconnect GPU and boot with integrated graphics only (in your case it means you need different CPU cos yours does not have it) - that can let you reach BIOS and disable secure boot
  • force the board to start with secondary BIOS (multiple ways that can work, check the youtube) then reflash the main BIOS and hope that will do
  • use the EEPROM reprogramming tools to reflash the BIOS or replace the BIOS chip
However none of the above solutions are guaranteed to work (and 2nd and 3rd are quite complicated). Because...

Ralston18

Titan
OS?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Try booting into Safe Mode.

Black screen: check video connections, swap video cables, monitor, etc..

For example: try another known working PC to monitor video cable and try other available connection paths as may be available.

= = = =

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450m-ds3h-wifi_e_1201.pdf

[Do verify that I found the applicable motherboard user manual. Confirm the revision number per Page 2 of the User Manual.]

Review the User Manual from beginning to end to double check all physical connections and configuration settings.

Check by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight and magnifying glass to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, discolorations, kinked or pinched wires, etc., loose brackets, swollen components, etc..

Yet another bricked Gigabyte board by trying to enable secure boot. Generally if clearing CMOS is not enough to reach the BIOS again, you are kind of screwed. The options that are known to work (in some cases) are:
  • disconnect GPU and boot with integrated graphics only (in your case it means you need different CPU cos yours does not have it) - that can let you reach BIOS and disable secure boot
  • force the board to start with secondary BIOS (multiple ways that can work, check the youtube) then reflash the main BIOS and hope that will do
  • use the EEPROM reprogramming tools to reflash the BIOS or replace the BIOS chip
However none of the above solutions are guaranteed to work (and 2nd and 3rd are quite complicated). Because of that, if the board is still under warranty I'd go straight to RMA process.

Solution