Question Help! I upgraded my ram but games keep crashing.

Jan 22, 2022
Old one: Evo potenza 8gb pc4-21330
New ones: Evo potenza 8gb pc4-25600
Bios: B360M Extreme P3.30
Intel Core i5-9400F
I am pretty sure rams are perfectly placed.
I have no idea why games keep crashing.
I read articles about updating bios will fix the issue, but idk how to update it.
Let me know if you need farther info.
Please help!

Edit:
I only had 8gb ram, replaced with two new ones and placed them on 1st and 3rd slot. So now i have 16gb.
I use GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.
What I meant by crashing is that games just shut off without an error or crash notice.

Last edited:

mu_p1

Prominent
Jan 21, 2022
I am pretty sure that is a hardware issue. If not then here's how to upgrade the BIOS:
1: Download the file
2: Copy the files onto a USB
3: Reboot the computer, it will boot to the upgrade USB.

DSzymborski

Titan
Intel Core i5-9400F
I read articles about updating bios will fix the issue, but idk how to update it.
Please help!

You've given us no reason to support the diagnosis that the crashing was caused by the RAM. Hard to say more as you've also not given us complete specs, a history of the problem (let alone a detailed one), or even a description of the problem beyond "crashing" which can mean several different behaviors.

Jan 22, 2022
You've given us no reason to support the diagnosis that the crashing was caused by the RAM. Hard to say more as you've also not given us complete specs, a history of the problem (let alone a detailed one), or even a description of the problem beyond "crashing" which can mean several different behaviors.
It never happened before and I searched it up, most of articles were saying the upgrading ram caused the problem :(.
I am sorry I know nothing about pc.

Jan 22, 2022
Yeah, but we don't know the conditions which you searched for, only you describing to us what you found for the mystery symptoms you searched for. You have to describe what happened or we have nothing to go on.
idk how to describe rather than game programs shut down unexpectedly..
They just shut down randomly while I am playing the game..

DSzymborski

Titan
You have to actually look at the PSU. There's no software for this.

Describe symptoms, not results. What happened when you were playing the game? Did you crash to desktop? Was there a blue screen? What error messages were there, if any? Or did the entire power cut out? And if the entire power cut out, did it turn right back on? Were there any strange sounds? Smells?

When I go to the doctor with what I think might be the flu and the doctor asks me my symptoms, I may tell him "my head is hurting" or "I've been coughing for three days, the last 24 hours productively, with yellow phelgm" or "I have had a fever of 101 since this morning." Be specific. The doctor will have less to offer if he asks me what is wrong and I the only thing I can offer is "I'm sick."

Short of a much more detailed timeline of the issue and a detailed description of the specific things you're seeing -- you have to be our eyes, ears, hands, and even nose because none of us have physical access to your PC -- there's not much I can really offer here but to wish you good fortune in resolving your problem and suggest you bring it to a trusted repair shop where someone can witness for themself these things you're unable to tell us.

Intel Core i5-9400F
Please help!

Edit:
I only had 8gb ram, replaced with two new ones and placed them on 1st and 3rd slot. So now i have 16gb.
I use GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.
What I meant by crashing is that games just shut off without an error or crash notice.
Does the crashing stop with only one DIM installed? If not does it go away if you put your old one back in?

Also I'm not sure your configuration is correct, on most modern boards you should populate slots 2 and 4 first, not 1 and 3. Not sure if this is your motherboard, I couldn't find a B360M extreme, but from the look of page 16 (21 in Adobe), 2 and 4 should be populated when using 2 DIM's.

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B360M Pro4.pdf