HELP!! I was using my pc then it freezes ,I restart and blue screen of death!

adam ryder

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I was playing a game called 7 days to die and I was loading mods which replaces certain files in the games folder,when I was playing some in-game error codes pop up about' cannot save game :newworld ,permission not held on client' or something like that but it has happened before so I didn't worry about it,more error codes poped up but I ignored it and then my pc froze into like a screen that looked like a mix of static and like a glitch I try control alt delete but nothing ,I restarted and it was stuck on the starting windows 7 logo and then BAM the blue screen of death,the error was :"BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO"so I restart nothing and then I restart and try: booting onto last known config,safe mode,taking out second harddrrive, taking out one ram stick and then the other but all still take me back to the BSOD .during the weekend my pc wouldn't boot (BOOT.MGR IS MISSING) so I had to switch my sata cables around to get it to boot so maybe my main harddrrive is crashed ?please help and thanks for any replies(PS I have win 7 and I didn't download updates or try to upgrade to win10 and I have avast pro antivirus and nothing poped up when I was accessing or moving the mod files so I don't think it's a virus)

Solution
This error indicates that the boot sector is damaged or missing, I'm quite confident this has nothing to do with hardware. It's more than likely that your MBR/GPT partition was damaged or removed.

You'll want to download recovery media off the Microsoft site and run a repair on the MBR/GPT partition. This should fix the issue. Do you use a disk imager (i.e. Drive Cloner Rx, Acronis True Image, etc) or a snapshot program (i.e. Rollback Rx, Shadow Defender)? Because if not you may want to invest in other backup solutions in case this happens again.
Looks like the game messed up some files on your hard drive with the installed os on it.

If you have a windows 7 Install Dvd pop it in your drive and boot from the Dvd disk.

Choose system repair options, command prompt.

When the command box opens up.

Type: Fixmbr.

Press enter.

Next in the command prompt window Type: Fixboot.

Press enter.

Next type: Chkdsk.

Press enter.

Let disk checker complete and check for any lost or orphaned files that need fixing.

Reset your Pc remove the windows Dvd disk.

Let the system boot from your hard drive again, with the working installed OS on it.

It should now boot without any problems Adam.

adam ryder

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Thanks for the reply I was just wondering because the game and all my mod files was on my second harddrrive and my pc didnt boot when I removed my second harddrrive and will this affect any info or installed programs on my main harddrrive

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
This error indicates that the boot sector is damaged or missing, I'm quite confident this has nothing to do with hardware. It's more than likely that your MBR/GPT partition was damaged or removed.

You'll want to download recovery media off the Microsoft site and run a repair on the MBR/GPT partition. This should fix the issue. Do you use a disk imager (i.e. Drive Cloner Rx, Acronis True Image, etc) or a snapshot program (i.e. Rollback Rx, Shadow Defender)? Because if not you may want to invest in other backup solutions in case this happens again.

Solution