[SOLVED] Help identify LCD display

zakitc

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Hello again, so I got this old case - whic I think is cool - with sliding mechanical cover and temperature display (which is broken). So I would like to restore it and upgrade it - but I don't know where to look for the broken display. So that is the question - where and how I can find correct display or replacement? Display is connected to separate motherboard, drawing power from motherboard 20 pin atx connection. Please see pictures attached..Letters and number on board reffers to the pc case model - not board number..
LiDmuyc.jpg
cjXFJqj.jpg
3FJm4E2.jpg
NKwbRbB.jpg

Solution
I had to dig this thread up for the sake of relevance. Unfortunately the case that you're working with aren't something that have spare parts or easily replaceable parts to begin with. I recall back in 2001~2004 there was a brand named Goldenfield and they also have cases that had temperature and time displayed on the LCD which would illuminate in blue. Friend of mine was hell bent on buying it and after a few years it died . Sad thing was that he never found a replacement LCD for it and it's been like that ever since.

He also swore never to invest in a case that had parts that were very hard to source.

Lutfij

Titan
I had to dig this thread up for the sake of relevance. Unfortunately the case that you're working with aren't something that have spare parts or easily replaceable parts to begin with. I recall back in 2001~2004 there was a brand named Goldenfield and they also have cases that had temperature and time displayed on the LCD which would illuminate in blue. Friend of mine was hell bent on buying it and after a few years it died . Sad thing was that he never found a replacement LCD for it and it's been like that ever since.

He also swore never to invest in a case that had parts that were very hard to source.

Solution

zakitc

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014

Hmz, I am starting to think the same - its just not viable - I can find it and fix it, but.....the idea is obsolete, screeens are better now - I could probably figure out how to use arduino display on it, but...for the same purpose I can buy temperature display all ready and go..I don't know...will think :)
Thank you for reply though :)