Question Help Identifying Old Thermaltake PSU

aveatquevale

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
Basically what the title says. The sticker is worn out and gone for some unfathomable reason over the years. It seems to work fine. It is from a pc that belongs to my brother, of which he's long deserted.

Pics here:

View: https://imgur.com/a/GJDdULk

It is a non-modular PSU with the only discerning features of note were 8 molex connectors, 4 sata connectors, 1 six pin PCI-E connector, in addition to 4 pin CPU, 24 pin mobo and floppy (1) connectors. It utilizes a tt 1225a cooling fan, a slim on/off switch and an LED as seen in the pics (which turns yellow upon power input, and green upon system start).

The barcode seen in the pic reads w0093re0610000381 and a quick googling has yielded nothing. Maybe it's just my google fu.

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
I know it says Thermaltake but it looks identical to the Raidmax power supplies from 2004/5 that came with the computer cases Geeks.com used to sell.

I did try looking for both on line but I think the new search engine results are only showing new products.

The glossy black says Raidmax IDK maybe the label/ fan was slapped in to where it was being sold company wise.

Reactions: aveatquevale

aveatquevale

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
Until you measure the ripple. All PSUs with voltage switch are very old, junk group regulated units.
Do you think I should sell it to a recycler who buys by the kilogram ?

Btw I don't know if works 'fine' fine tbh. Hacking the green pin and the ground pin to kick start it shows no superficial problems.

USAFRet

Titan
Do you think I should sell it to a recycler who buys by the kilogram ?

Btw I don't know if works 'fine' fine tbh. Hacking the green pin and the ground pin to kick start it shows no superficial problems.
It is e-waste.

If you can find someone to buy by the kg for recycling, do that.

Preferably after you smash it with a hammer a few times, so that no other poor fool ends up with this in a PC.

It is junk.

TRENDING THREADS