Question Help in finding an ITX SFF or almost SFF case that can fit these criteria

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
I was hoping to get some recommendations of a case, that can fit the below criteria. I had a few in mind, but they haven't quite panned out the way I had hoped.

Essentially I will be using an ITX mobo, SFX PSU, 240mm AIO, and a yeston waifu GPU.

Which means I am looking for the smallest case possible, that mounts a GPU normally in the horizontal position, and has a tempered glass window. In order to show off the backplate of the Waifu. Vertical GPU cases basically hide this and show off the fans instead. I can't seem to find a case that is small, horizontal GPU, TG, and can fit a 240mm AIO.

-NR200p. Doesn't seem to fit a 240mm without modding, to my knowledge
-H210i has cooling issues and can choke the GPU, unless you remove the shroud
-T1 vertical GPU
-Meshilicious vertical GPU
-Sliger vertical GPU

Any advice is greatly appreciated. As of now, I am basically planning on modding the NR200p or H210i. But figured there had to be another case that could fit this without mods.

Thank you so much,

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the NR200p can handle a 240mm loop

Radiator Support - Bottom120mm, 240mm, (recommended for custom loops only)
Radiator Support - Side120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm, (not compatible with vertical GPU installation)

you don't want verticle gpu so the side mount works. add some pretty rgp and it would compliment the gpu backplate and help light it up.

this would be easy with a flat mobo style case. the horizontal gpu is what is making this difficult for you :)

Reactions: Joe_182

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
the NR200p can handle a 240mm loop

Radiator Support - Bottom120mm, 240mm, (recommended for custom loops only)
Radiator Support - Side120mm, 140mm, 240mm, 280mm, (not compatible with vertical GPU installation)

you don't want verticle gpu so the side mount works. add some pretty rgp and it would compliment the gpu backplate and help light it up.

this would be easy with a flat mobo style case. the horizontal gpu is what is making this difficult for you :)
So if i mount the AIO on the side, you won't be able to see into the case to see the GPU. Essentially the case would need front or top mount 240mm support. Unfortunately this seems to be a unique set of criteria.

I am looking at the Fractal Meshify 2 Nano now, which seems to check everything off. It's just on the larger side for an ITX case. Still much smaller than my S340 Elite though. The NR200p would be perfect if i could just fit the radiator up top. It can be done with mods, but it highly depends on your motherboard, and AIO.

Just wasn't sure if there were any cases I was missing. I keep searching google, which is how i just found the Meshify nano.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
not sure how small you hope to go. but there are some mini towers that can do it.

for instance

i have the full size focus g and like it for the money :)

just looks like you want a specific set of options that are not really offered. something like the Core v1 can handle the 240mm on the back. but it would be vertical gpu

https://www.thermaltake.com/C_00002373.htm

think you just might have to mod something or change your criteria from what i am seeing.

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
not sure how small you hope to go. but there are some mini towers that can do it.

for instance

i have the full size focus g and like it for the money :)

just looks like you want a specific set of options that are not really offered. something like the Core v1 can handle the 240mm on the back. but it would be vertical gpu

https://www.thermaltake.com/C_00002373.htm

think you just might have to mod something or change your criteria from what i am seeing.
Thank you. That is what i figured. I might have found one. It's smaller than the H210, but slightly bigger than the NR200p. Not really ITX, but still small enough. Never heard of the company though. Seems to check off all boxes, and it comes in 3 colors.

https://www.newegg.com/white-jonsbo-d30-series-micro-atx-mini-itx/p/2AM-006A-00078

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
looks interesting. never heard of it either but looks nice anyway.

never liked the solid front panel but looks like plenty of air can get in from top or bottom. plan the fans carefully for sure.

Yeah, i hate solid front panels as well. No idea why they even make them. My other option is this Meshify Nano which is really nice looking and fits everything. A tad bigger than I'd like, but I have to compromise somewhere. Size seems to be it. Thanks again btw.

https://www.newegg.com/white-fractal-design-meshify-2-nano-mini-itx-tower/p/N82E16811352190

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
for the front mounted radiators do look close at specs. they may take up space needed for the gpu. it's possible you might limit the gpu length using the front.

there is usually a youtube video or 2 with someone building with the case that can help see if that is the case.

i built recently with the core v1 and it easily fit a long gpu i had, over 11", but not a chance it would have fit with the front radiator in place. just something to keep in mind before clicking buy and finding out the hard way.

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
for the front mounted radiators do look close at specs. they may take up space needed for the gpu. it's possible you might limit the gpu length using the front.

there is usually a youtube video or 2 with someone building with the case that can help see if that is the case.

i built recently with the core v1 and it easily fit a long gpu i had, over 11", but not a chance it would have fit with the front radiator in place. just something to keep in mind before clicking buy and finding out the hard way.
I actually used a core V1 in my Mame arcade. It's a really nice little case, I loved it. The huge fan kept things so cool even in an enclosed arcade cab. I just don't love the cube shape though for this build.

I just got a 3060 ti and it is only 275mm, So i think it should fit even with the AIO. I don't plan on getting a huge GPU any time soon either. That's definitely a good thing to double check though. It has 331mm GPU clearance.

I believe my AIO is 52mm, so it literally just fits by 4mm lol

It's either this case, or mod the front panel of the H210i AND also figure out a solution for the GPU as the shroud is likely going to either suffocate the GPU if i don't remove it, drill bigger holes, or cut a rectangle out. And that's if this 2.75 slot GPU can even fit.

I don't understand why these ITX only cases make room for ATX PSU's. If you're already going ITX, you won't mind getting an SFX and getting an overall smaller case with better air movement. I have no idea what these designers are thinking there. Let alone having a 2 slot only GPU.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
would make sense for the sfx psu to fit for sure. if nothing else can leave some space between the psu and wall to tuck some cables.

with the core v1 i ran into cables being too long and having to figure out where to tuck them. especialy the 24 pin mobo connection. that sucker was like 3 ft and i only needed 8 inches. lol

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
would make sense for the sfx psu to fit for sure. if nothing else can leave some space between the psu and wall to tuck some cables.

with the core v1 i ran into cables being too long and having to figure out where to tuck them. especialy the 24 pin mobo connection. that sucker was like 3 ft and i only needed 8 inches. lol
Ha, i had the same issue. I ended up not caring because it wasn't visible anyway in the arcade.

I ended up ordering the Meshify Nano. It's anything but nano :ROFLMAO: But it will work. I have the H210 here next to me as well, but i think my 54mm 2.75 slot GPU won't fit anyway unless i remove the shroud. And that would look pretty ugly. I could maybe 3d print something though.

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
it is a nice looking case. the other fractal cases i've used have been good quality for the money. and i like they don't come with crazy rgb everywhere driving up the price.
For sure! It will look really nice in a white case build with this GPU backplate as my focal point. It's been 2 weeks of sorting out all these part incompatibilites I hit lol Just excited to get building. Thanks again for all your responses, I appreciate it.

vHfNJMg.jpg

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
Looks good! Tight squeeze on the gpu, hopefully that backplate doesn't overhang on the right side.

I'm a big fan of Fractal, they make seriously decent stuff. 👍
Thanks. GPU barely fit, but it's in there. 275mm is the max I guess. I have a GPU support bracket on the way. Will be hidden by the PSU shroud near the front fans. As for the custom backplate, it should be fine as the dimensions are not more than the GPU itself. Hoping I can install it without taking the GPU out though.

The build quality on this case is amazing. The cable management is well thought out, the parts all well made and machine nicely. I love it. It's not quite SFF but it's still pretty darn small overall. Airflow is great too.