[SOLVED] Help installing ASUS RTX 2080 Super OC?

Send_Help

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
Hi everyone. Brand new to pc building, brand new to the forum. I bought an ASUS RTX 2080 Super OC which has a 6 pin PCIE port and an 8 pin PCIE port. Looking at the manual, it seems I should plug in both, right?

My question is: my seasonic PSU has one long PCIE cable with multiple connectors coming off from it down the length of the cable. Can I plug in two male connectors (one 6, another 6+2) from the same cable? Thanks!

Solution
Welcome to the forums :D

yes you need both connected. if the PSU has both the plugs (6+2) and the (6-pin) connect them both.

if you only had one of each you would be in need of a new PSU, as it is equipped properly your good to go, enjoy

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums :D

yes you need both connected. if the PSU has both the plugs (6+2) and the (6-pin) connect them both.

if you only had one of each you would be in need of a new PSU, as it is equipped properly your good to go, enjoy

Reactions: Send_Help
Solution

Send_Help

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
Ok great. So the fact that they're coming off the same cable is fine. Thank you!

Edit: wait just to clarify the multiple connectors coming off of the cable are all 6+2 I would just be leaving a 2 pin off from one of them.

Last edited:

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Ok great. So the fact that they're coming off the same cable is fine. Thank you!

Edit: wait just to clarify the multiple connectors coming off of the cable are all 6+2 I would just be leaving a 2 pin off from one of them.

yes.
should be just fine. made that way.
which model and wattage PSU are we talking here? we can make double sure the wattage is high enough.

Reactions: Send_Help

Send_Help

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
I have a 750 watt PSU for a ryzen 3900, RTX 2080, 5 fans (issues w that that I posted in a separate thread), and a Noctua D15 cpu cooler if that matters. Thanks!

Edit: more specific- Seasonic FOCUS Gold rated 80+ 750 Watt