help installing windows

eltallajara

Honorable
May 1, 2015
I just finished putting together my first pc am am trying to install windows 8.1 but it gets stuck on a black screen with the blue window logo help don't know what to do

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
The hard drive you are installing too... did it have a previous OS installed onto it.. or other data? Or is it brand new?

I've experienced problems installing Windows onto drives many times... and I've learned that one of the main causes was corruption on the drive from a previous installation. The solution was to boot off the Windows DVD and reach the screen where you install Windows... and then going to Advanced Options and DELETING the current/old partition and REFORMATING. After that is done.. just proceed with the install and it should work smoothly.

eltallajara

Honorable
May 1, 2015
It go to the black screen with the blue logo then it reboot go back to bios then back to the black screen with the blue logo some times it stays there for hours or it keeps back and forward

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
OK... You did say you just built your first system.. so now I'm thinking you have a hardware problem. Are you sure all the components are working? You plugged in all the cables and inserted the secondary power plugs at the end of the GPU?

In your BIOS, did you properly set up the RAM and CPU? What about your memory timings? Is the BIOS set to use your PCI Express slot for your graphics or integrated?

eltallajara

Honorable
May 1, 2015
In the bios I see all 8 cores I see all 8 gb of ram I see the 2 ssd and the hd and the dvd rom and is a am3+ board for fx cpu so I think it does not have integrated graphics not sure if they do

Markeus

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
It's most likely not 'stuck'. Almost every time somebody reports this its just a waiting issue. The setup is going to start, anytime from 10-30 minutes of waiting. It may be longer depending on your system.