Question Help - Intel Graphics Driver Interfering with windowed apps but not full screen apps

Oct 11, 2019
I have an Acer Predator laptop with two graphics drivers: Intel HD Graphics 530 & NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970M
Whenever I open the a windowed app (for example - minecraft in window mode) the window is blank but there is still sound.
Searching the issue myself has led to the root of the problem and so far a temporary solution - As soon as I disable the Intel Graphics driver on device manager, the hardware reverts to a generic display driver and the window immediately starts working again, then I re-enable the intel driver and it is fine until I close the app and reopen it again and the same thing happens.
I think that the intel graphics is somehow interfering with the NVIDIA graphics, except i cannot resolve the issue without having to continuously disable and enable the intel driver (which is probably detrimental in the long run).
Does anyone have any ideas to why this is happening?

Both display drivers are up to date
Settings set to run on the dGPU using inbuilt "Acer predatorsense" software
Tested preferred graphics processor in NVIDIA control panel - used high-performance nvidia processor & used auto-select
Attempted to manually select apps to run on NVIDIA processor through NVIDIA control panel.

Oct 11, 2019
I have tried this before but as it is a laptop, unfortunately it seems to require both GPU drivers enabled to run stably. Hence disabling and enabling again, otherwise programs begin to freeze up and run very slowly.
Any recommendations around this perhaps ( or alternate methods )