HELP!!!! I've been robbed

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Sorry about the alarmist title but i really need the Tom's community help on this one. Like the title says I got robbed, and along with a lot of stuff the insurance CAN replace my CD booklet with EVERY picture and video of my 2 children on it also got nabbed. I was installing a clean OS on my pc so i backed the folders up on DVD-rs and Fdisked both HD's. The HD was already filled half way up with new pictures and movies when the robbery took place.(they didnt get the PC as it was in my room) Can I get this back, ether off the HD or the camcorders HD now that other stuff has been put on the disk? When i googled the question, most sites say no but i figured I'd give it one last chance on here. ANY help will be appreciated more then you can ever know. The birth of my 1st child is in those disks and I pretty heartbroken that I was dumb enough to not make more then one backup.

If the data has been written over, it cannot be recovered. You can attempt to recover the clean (trashed but not overwritten) portions of the HDD you still have. Download some file recovery software (doing as little as possible to the drive meanwhile) and see what you get. Beyond the empty part of your drive, I believe there's nothing you can do.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hey thanks guys i am running recuva right now. Drivesavers does sound like a great idea and I would love to say money is no option but 1500 is not doable....I just don't have that kind of money. I hope recuva works I still haven't told my fiancé, I am pretty sure a real life jerry springer show will unfold in my house if i don't fix this.