Question Help! I've had a NVIDIA graphics card since April and am now getting a "no AMD drivers found" error message.

Deer186girl

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Backstory: I currently have a Ryzen 5 3400G CPU that I was using the integrated graphics until April 2022, when I purchased and installed a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. It had been working properly until a few days ago when I got the error message. I have scrounged forums and tried installing the latest drivers, updating Windows 11, uninstalling and reinstalling both NVIDIA and AMD drivers, reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C + + 2005, and still nothing.

Please Help.

Deer186girl

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
There was nothing in startup items related to AMD. I used DDU to delete any AMD drivers and that seemed to do the trick. No more errors now, I just had to find my background again
P.S. I did not have a wallpaper engine installed.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Use DDU to delete an old AMD driver. Maybe the driver got bad after a windows update or something.
There was nothing in startup items related to AMD. I used DDU to delete any AMD drivers and that seemed to do the trick. No more errors now, I just had to find my background again
P.S. I did not have a wallpaper engine installed.

Seems like the op had ended up with a broken driver install, would be better if things like that don't happen.