Question Help !!! Lag spike/high ping with wired connection

Costello_

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
Hi

After the past month or so I have been having serious problems with my internet especially when using a wired connection I have just done a new build and when playing games for example rocket league I stay around 25ms -30ms then it suddenly jump up to 200 or even 1000 and sometimes disconnects BFV I get mostly 2000 ping and I gave up so uninstalled it.I contacted my isp and they said they would refresh the line but nothing has changed and still the same problem they are getting a new router to me as well. However when using my PS4 I do not get any lag spikes like this when using a wired connection I have tried different cables cmd commands like dns flush sometimes in ping test it would say 1 packet loss then time out requested then no packet loss. I have got a feeling this has something to do with my pc. I disconnected WiFi while using Ethernet but didn’t help. I really need to get this fix as I spent so much money on my pc and I can’t even plays online.

Any help is very much appreciated

Costello_

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
Are you sure that your windows isnt downloading something?
Download HWINFO64 and start it up in sensor mode and scroll down, you will see the internet usage aka download and upload, min max and average.

Hi sorry for the late reply I thought I had fixed the issue but turns out I didn’t I downloaded the software and it says total dl 436mb and that says it for all 3