Question Recently my PC has started to randomly restart/turn off ?

Oct 7, 2023
hello guys, just ask

So for the past two days my PC has suddenly shut down/restarted randomly and I don't know what the problem is, if I check the event viewer it just says:

"The system has been rebooted without shutting it down first. This error can occur if the system stops responding, crashes, or loses power unexpectedly"

Chronology of the first day playing Valo suddenly turned off twice, and today I'm working (open browser, WA, etc.)

Has anyone had this experience or knows how to fix it? Google searches usually talk about overheating or PSU

The temperature of the CPU and GPU is safe, today it's in the 40s and I don't know about the PSU, but after PC turns off the PSU is still on and the fans are all spinning and there's no burning smell.

Please help, because it's quite annoying

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
PSU: Fractal Ion 560w Platinum

Oct 7, 2023
What's the motherboard and what BIOS version is it running?

What's the brand and model of the RAM?
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. 3.I0, 27/04/2023

Ram is cubegaming (its local brand in my country)

mmp09

Commendable
Nov 27, 2021
I had a similar issue with my office PC. The IT team nailed it down to faulty motherboard. After it was replaced, the random restarts stopped.
Of course the issue could be anywhere in any of the main parts mobo, PSU, RAM and so on.

Oct 7, 2023
Yes, but it's not recommended. It's Live Update from MSI Center software within Windows.
i see, i did scanning on msi center, but there is no bios update option only realtek and amd chipset

Edit
bios update on advance mode, mb not seeing it, i already installed the new bios. hope it works. thanks btw

Oct 7, 2023
It could be any one of the core components PSU, Mobo, RAM, CPU.
However PSU or Mobo are primary suspects in my view.
i did a memory diagnostic, and the RAM had no problem at all, the strange thing is, there was no burning smell, physical failure on the mobo, loud fans or other strange noises, it was hard to tell and I didn't have a spare mobo/psu to test it, hhhfftt frustatingg

mmp09

Commendable
Nov 27, 2021
Consumer Electronic part may fail simply due ESD, aging or simply being non durable. I have even seen CPUs failing silently.
If Mobo & PSU are under warranty RMA the same.
If you have no spares, consider taking it to a nearby repair center. The technician over there might be in a position to swap parts and check which one has developed a fault.

Oct 7, 2023
Consumer Electronic part may fail simply due ESD, aging or simply being non durable. I have even seen CPUs failing silently.
If Mobo & PSU are under warranty RMA the same.
If you have no spares, consider taking it to a nearby repair center. The technician over there might be in a position to swap parts and check which one has developed a fault.
yes, now I'm looking for a technician who can come to my house to check it, hopefully it ends soon

btw, thanks for your time!

TRENDING THREADS