Question Help making a PC utilise my 970 gpu

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bz3426

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi i have a GTX MSI 970 and my pc isnt able to use this graphics cards full potential. Im wondering to make a build with somebodys help to not need to have another gpu. My CPU currently is an Intel Core i7 2600 which is holding my pc back. Im also using DDR3 ram at the moment with an p8z77-V LX motherboard.

Would appreciate help on building a pc around my GPU, thank you. My goals are to make a 1080p/144hz build as my uses for the pc will be obviously for gaming. Willing to spend at most £500 for this.

Thanks.

bz3426

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
Noctua are considered good. Personally, I tend to buy the cheapest ones with the highest airflow. But that's just me. Usually never an issue until possibly years later.
Ive been asking about which fans to buy and im thinking about Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo but im not sure how to find out if it would actually fit in. Is there a way i could check about this?