Question HELP! Massive FPS dropping in games!

Baelife

Honorable
Nov 2, 2016
Hey there! This has been happening for a bit now, but my fps constantly drops while playing games, where I will be running fine with like 150-200 fps depending on the game, then the game will drop 20 or 30 fps and give me this awful stuttering garbage for like 5 seconds or so, then back to normal. Sometimes it happens a lot, sometimes not so much. I have tried a number of things like clean DDU uninstalling nvidia drivers and reinstalling, and repairing games, I even just recently wiped my laptop and reinstalled from a media key for a fresh start, and its still happening! The specs on this laptop are nuts, so I can't fathom why this would be happening. High graphic settings or Low graphic settings, it seems to happen all the same. PLEASE HELP!

Prometheus XVI 16" QHD 165Hz Gaming Laptop
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX CPU
16GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU
64GB of RAM
2 TB NVMe SSD
Windows 10

Baelife

Honorable
Nov 2, 2016
It shouldn't be any sort of dust buildup or anything, I had the laptop for only a week or 2 before I started seeing the issues! The temperatures seemed to get high for the CPU specifically, it could spike around 94-96 degrees when I was running HWINFO, but the GPU seemed fine though. I just recently sent the laptop back to the manufacturer to have them look into it and see, it sounds like it may be a hardware issue.

TRENDING THREADS