[SOLVED] Help me build my first gaming/editing pc around $2000-$2200.

Oct 19, 2019
Hi All,

I would really appreciate some help with this..

I am going to build my first custom pc for gaming and editing (not heavy though).

Motherboard: Gigabyte 570x Gaming X
CPU: AMD Ryzon 3900x
GPU: RTX 2070 Super/ RTX 2080 Super
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x16)
PSU: Antec 1000W Fully Modular Power Supply
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb SSD and WD 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Case: Antec Dark Phantom DP501 or Antec Dark Avenger DA601.

Suggest any changes that i should make on above mentioned system.

I am planning to capture 4K 60 fps videos through AVerMedia Live Gamer 4K (pc games) and also planning to capture PS4 Pro videos.

I know ps4 pro don't have true 4k 60 fps so my new pc will capture maximum video quality that ps4 pro have but i am curious about pc games capturing.

Is it true that to play and capture from one pc is difficult? I want to know can i play and capture 4k videos from the my new pc?

I am using Mi TV 4X 43 inch for ps4 pro gameplay but i want to know do i need 4k monitor with pc also where AVerMedia Live Gamer 4K will be capturing videos?

And yes i am NOT going to live stream and i am NOT heavy gamer just wants to capture pc game at 4k 60 fps mainly cutscenes and few mins gameplay here and there meaning i won't be gaming heavily on this pc like most gamers.

Also should i go with AVerMedia live gamer 4k or Elgato 4K60 Pro MK.2?

BTW apologies for my bad English, its not my first language.

Last edited:
Solution
What software will you be using to edit the videos?

Also if you care about colour accuracy etc then a good IPS monitor would be better than a TV.
Oct 19, 2019
I use Premiere Pro mostly and if needed than After Effects sometimes.

Yes of course i like to have better colour accuracy. i was thinking to get 4k monitor due to better gameplay experience but your suggestion on colour made my mind and i think i will get 4k monitor as well.

Thanks for reply and advice, much appreciated.