These drives are all in the same league. The 1TB drives will be a little faster due to density, but in general they are all basic entry level hard drives. Personally I would go with the Seagate out of the 3 you have there.

If size is not an issue, why not jump on a 60GB SSD?

meagainstyou

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I really don't know anything about ssd (why they're soo expensive for such a small size) but I doubt 60gb will be enough to run everything. I'm sure games alone will take around 100gb and wouldnt they run slower if being run off an external passport?

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
caviar green has abysmal performance, avoid it for anything other than multimedia and document storage (nothing that requires performance to run)

i tried installing os on it when i first got it ~5 years ago and the response times are so horrible for handling small files it made me reinstall back on 320gb sata maxtor

and yes, 60gb ssd won't be enough to fit nearly as many games on as you'd like (wow ~23gb, bf3 ~16gb, sc2 12gb and god forbid if you have steam on ssd), besides you really don't need ssd for games, it's alot better to have os and maybe a game or 2 on it (i've got none even tho i still got 30gb free; just don't like the idea of reinstalling games when i have to reinstall os)

meagainstyou

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

So should I get the 1tb seagate or a 60gb ssid put windows and drivers nd such on it and run my gamess off my 1tb WD passport.

G

yes!

and i must say, you are very smart :)