[SOLVED] Help me choose a new Phone

Aug 8, 2019
I have an iPhone 7 for two years now and I want to get a new phone, not an iPhone though, I'm on a budget.
What would I use my phone for?
Medium usage; youtube, netflix, browsing, a little bit of gaming, social media etc.
Features I would want in my phone:
  • At least 64gb storage.
  • Big Battery (at least 3100 mAh +).
  • A fast chipset
  • 6-8gb RAM
  • Nice screen (at least 1080p and a good panel).
  • Not a huge phone (so I could use it 1 handed most of the time).
  • A nice camera, good pictures, not too fancy though.
  • Thin bezels, bezel - less maybe.
  • Unnoticed camera (popup, teardrop notch maybe).
  • A relatively quick finger print sensor (that works well).
  • 3.5mm jack would be nice.
  • Bluetooth 5.0 would be nice.
  • IP Rating would be really nice but not a deal breaker if not.
  • Infra Red sensor could be really neat but not a deal breaker.
Phones I question buying:
Xiaomi mi 9t pro
Xiaomi mi mix 3
Samsung s10e / Samsung s10
Huawei Mate 20
LG G8S
Maybe an iPhone XR

I also have 2 other questions:
  1. Do any of those phones listed above have ads? I have heard Xiaomi phones have ads but I am not sure.
  2. Is it worth it to upgrade from an iPhone 7 to a Chinese company like Xiaomi (or at all in late 2019)?
If you have answers, opinions, recommendations or suggestions (for other budget phones with the criteria i specified above) please post a comment.

Solution
I have two Xiaomi phones in the household, and there are no ads (unless you count it asking you if you want to activate things like the Xiaomi contacts sync repeatedly - and I have never activated it on mine). The OTA update support to MIUI (their twist on Android) has been very good.

Mine is a Redmi Note 6 Pro and I like it as well as my old (and, at least in theory, better) Samsung Galaxy S7 and my partner's is a Redmi 5 Plus.

You need to make sure that any device you're considering that is not supplied directly by your carrier will work with the frequency bands it uses wherever you're located and that they will allow you to connect to their network using a third party device. I have found the Kimovil frequency checker very...

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I have two Xiaomi phones in the household, and there are no ads (unless you count it asking you if you want to activate things like the Xiaomi contacts sync repeatedly - and I have never activated it on mine). The OTA update support to MIUI (their twist on Android) has been very good.

Mine is a Redmi Note 6 Pro and I like it as well as my old (and, at least in theory, better) Samsung Galaxy S7 and my partner's is a Redmi 5 Plus.

You need to make sure that any device you're considering that is not supplied directly by your carrier will work with the frequency bands it uses wherever you're located and that they will allow you to connect to their network using a third party device. I have found the Kimovil frequency checker very handy when trying to match devices to my carrier.

Solution