Help me choose between these SSD's (cheap 240GB)

nisemono

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
They're all the same price currently, but I can't make a choice, a lot of statistics are hidden, unlike more expensive SSD's, and I can't afford anything, even 1 penny more expensive.

I don't want to be ridiculous ! I know there are many names in this list, all I want to know are the names that you are familiar with as being fast and reliable, I, by no means expect you to research these. What I wouldn't mind is if you gave a multiple-choice answer, like two options as least, just in case, BUT ONLY IF YOU KNOW, again, I don't mean to waste anybody's time with this thread.

Kingston A400 (5 whole dollars cheaper than the rest)
TeamGroup Dark L3 240GB (probably the only MLC SSD of the bunch, not sure)
Teamgroup L5 Lite 3D
WD Green
Silicon Power Slim S55
Silicon Power Slim S56
Silicon-Power Ace A55
Integral P5 Series
Patriot Burst
ADATA Ultimate SU650
Toshiba OCZ TR200
LiteOn MU 3 PH6

Solution
Pretty sure the 250GB Samsung 850 evo is the same cost as all of the ones listed and is on countless reviews as being top notch for performance and cost.

If that isnt the case where you live, kingston, WD or Adata. Not necessarily in that order just go for the cheapest but I would try to by a samsung.

DanKem06

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
Pretty sure the 250GB Samsung 850 evo is the same cost as all of the ones listed and is on countless reviews as being top notch for performance and cost.

If that isnt the case where you live, kingston, WD or Adata. Not necessarily in that order just go for the cheapest but I would try to by a samsung.

Solution

nisemono

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

The 850 EVO, if it's not out of stock, then it's literally 2.9x the price. Not kidding you. Everything Samsung is expensive as hell.

nisemono

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

Yes, the Samsung 860 EVO is much cheaper, but still 57% more expensive than the cheapest option in my list, and the Crucial MX500 is 50% more expensive than the cheapest on my list (searched for the cheapest option from multiple vendors, those are the lowest). Obviously, that is beyond my budget, as the most I can do on a sunny day is 15% over budget, which are already included in the list I made. Baseline in price are the Teamgroup L5 Lite 3D at 44 euro and the Kingston A400 at 43 euro's.