[SOLVED] Help me choose between these two systems.

Solution
If you are just gaming, 5600X is plenty. If you want to do a little game streaming, video editing, etc, still enough. But the 5800X will do better.

You can always run the 5600X for now and upgrade to a 5900x or the like later on when they start hitting the used market. Should be one more CPU release from AMD for AM4 as well, should compete well with Intel's 12th gen chips.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Having seen some reviews of that ASUS system, best to be avoided.

The AlphaSync lists all the parts, including the off the shelf B550 motherboard and a reasonable power supply.

Both have pretty restrictive chassis in terms of airflow.

I like the drive configuration of the AlphaSync system as well vs the tiny SSD in the ASUS.

Reactions: totalsubmition

totalsubmition

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
Having seen some reviews of that ASUS system, best to be avoided.

The AlphaSync lists all the parts, including the off the shelf B550 motherboard and a reasonable power supply.

Both have pretty restrictive chassis in terms of airflow.

I like the drive configuration of the AlphaSync system as well vs the tiny SSD in the ASUS.

I've literally just watched a review on YT on a similar ASUS pre-built, and it looked quite cheap. AlphaSync is listing the parts better you're right. I know exactly what I will be getting with that.

What do you think about the CPU difference? The 5600x vs the 5800x? Not worth choosing the ASUS over the AlphaSync for?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you are just gaming, 5600X is plenty. If you want to do a little game streaming, video editing, etc, still enough. But the 5800X will do better.

You can always run the 5600X for now and upgrade to a 5900x or the like later on when they start hitting the used market. Should be one more CPU release from AMD for AM4 as well, should compete well with Intel's 12th gen chips.

Solution