Help me choose GTX 1070 : Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming or Zotac AMP Extreme?

vijay_001

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Both cost almost the same in India. But I am confused between the two.

Gigabyte Xtreme has Cheap plastic build which is a disappointment. And its fins are exposed.

As per official advertisement, Zotac's boost clock is lower than Gigabyte's but some reviews on Amazon say that it has 1921 Boost clock out of the Box.

Which one is better in terms of cooling? Both claim to be super cool.

Which one should I go with?

Solution
Gigabyte also has a 4-year warranty, however you must REGISTER to qualify (not sure what it is otherwise).

That is nice but also pisses me off. I bought an Asus board which required me to register within 30 days to get the full warranty.

Anyway, I can't compare directly but both cards seem to have great cooling.

Here's a quote for that Gigabyte card:
"To ensure ultra-durability and a longer system lifespan, GTX 1070 XTREME GAMING card exploits the use of TITAN X-grade chokes and capacitors. It will offer protection with thoroughly-applied aerospace-grade PCB coating, giving it a capability of resisting moisture, corrosive contaminants, and dust.."

So...
My advice for Gigabyte mainly stems from the history of both vendors for making...
Both will have similar performance. You can raise the GPU and memory frequency, and since the GPU itself is usually the issue (no binned GPUs with those cards AFAIK) then a slight overclock is likely to be nearly identical.

Thermal throttling may be more of an issue, especially in India. I suspect they are both fairly close.

Gigabyte may be more reliable but I can't verify that. I suggest going mainly on RELIABILITY if you can find links that suggest one is better.

(FYI, good case cooling especially a SIDE CASE FAN is very important)

Gigabyte also has a 4-year warranty, however you must REGISTER to qualify (not sure what it is otherwise).

That is nice but also pisses me off. I bought an Asus board which required me to register within 30 days to get the full warranty.

Anyway, I can't compare directly but both cards seem to have great cooling.

Here's a quote for that Gigabyte card:
"To ensure ultra-durability and a longer system lifespan, GTX 1070 XTREME GAMING card exploits the use of TITAN X-grade chokes and capacitors. It will offer protection with thoroughly-applied aerospace-grade PCB coating, giving it a capability of resisting moisture, corrosive contaminants, and dust.."

So...
My advice for Gigabyte mainly stems from the history of both vendors for making GPU's. I think Zotac is trying hard, but i just don't have enough data to know if these cards match in terms of long-term reliability.

Zotac says 3 years but it's (2 years + 1-year extended). Not sure how that works. It was for the North America site so you can check for India and see if that differs.

Solution

vijay_001

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

Okay thanks.