[SOLVED] Help me choose the best printer

ramonrocha

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
Guys, I need to buy a printer to use at home. I am looking for something with the best cost benefit. But it is difficult to decide, as there are always pros and cons for each model.

At first, I thought of the Epson XP-7100, but I'm not sure about that, as the printing system, as far as I know, requires that all cartridges be full. That is, if you want to print only text, you will have to have color cartridges with ink. Does this proceed?

Without prolonging too much, here is the list of printers I searched for:

Epson - Expression Premium XP-7100

Epson Expression Photo XP-860

Canon TS Series PIXMA TS9520

HP ENVY 5055

HP Color LaserJet Pro M454dw

I appreciate any help.

Solution
Guys, I need to buy a printer to use at home. I am looking for something with the best cost benefit. But it is difficult to decide, as there are always pros and cons for each model.

At first, I thought of the Epson XP-7100, but I'm not sure about that, as the printing system, as far as I know, requires that all cartridges be full. That is, if you want to print only text, you will have to have color cartridges with ink. Does this proceed?

HP ENVY 5055

I appreciate any help.
I would always pick laser over inkjet, just because the...

kanewolf

Titan

HP ENVY 5055

I appreciate any help.
I would always pick laser over inkjet, just because the supplies are stable for much longer. If you don't print a lot you can waste a lot of money on ink that dries out. Some of these are all-in-one devices. The laserjet isn't? Is scanning important?
Then what do you print? I print primarily text and graphics. Not photos. Laser is great. Inkjet might be better for photos -- especially the 6 color printers.

Solution