Question Help me figure out whats wrong about my system.

Dec 5, 2023
Wassup everyone, this is my first post on here, ive only used reddit before. Anyways. I have a prebuilt OMEN pc with a 3070 ti and a i7 11700 2.5ghz cpu. Here is the link of what pc i have https://www.elgiganten.se/product/g...-111610003070ti-stationar-dator-gaming/340005. (its swedish, sorry). When i first got my pc, it was running fantastic for a while but became slower as time went on. I could easily hit a minimum of 120 fps in most games except npc heavy and large open map games like GTA 5 online (with like 10+ players in the same lobby), cyberpunk, Borderlands 3 and even payday 2. In order of the games this is a rough estimate of what my fps is, 50-80, 30-100+, 40-120+. 60-120+. May i also mention that i usually play with low to medium graphics with no ray tracing. With my computer i don't think i should have this low of a performance in these kinds of games. I should mention that my pc is pretty dusty therefore making my cpu pretty hot at around 80-95 degrees celsius (depending on what i'm playing) but from what i've heard those kinds of degrees shouldn't be that much of an issue except if its hitting 100+, and i travel about 2 times, one hour each week with it (i don't know why but this maybe has something to do with it?, or i'm just overthinking). I'm happy to share more if needed, Thanks!

-Opiumator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I should mention that my pc is pretty dusty therefore making my cpu pretty hot at around 80-95 degrees celsius
You should also consider cleaning the PC off of the dust to help keep temps down. Performance losses aren't just due to corrupt OS/drivers, it can be due to thermal limitations. Just to add, those temps are not healthy at all. It should be at the high 70 Deg C's range. What are your ambient room air temps? Perhaps try and take the sidepanel/front panel off and see if the temps drop for you. If they do, then that would prove your case is horrible in terms of airflow.

Dec 5, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I should mention that my pc is pretty dusty therefore making my cpu pretty hot at around 80-95 degrees celsius
You should also consider cleaning the PC off of the dust to help keep temps down. Performance losses aren't just due to corrupt OS/drivers, it can be due to thermal limitations. Just to add, those temps are not healthy at all. It should be at the high 70 Deg C's range. What are your ambient room air temps? Perhaps try and take the sidepanel/front panel off and see if the temps drop for you. If they do, then that would prove your case is horrible in terms of airflow.
I downloaded DDU and reinstalled the drivers manually via nvidias website. I'm to lazy rn to remove the dust because its late so i'll do that sometime soon. I removed the side panel and looked at the cpu and gpu temps with the omen system vitals with the panel on and off. With it on, my gpu temps was on the mid to high 40s and my cpu was between mid 50s - high 60s. With if off, my gpu was steadily on 33 C and cpu (not that big of a difference) fluctuating at around low 50s and 60s . This "experiment" was executed when having youtube in the background and discord on too. I don't know what my rooms actual temperature is but its not that much warmer than the rest of the apartment, maybe between 1-2 C warmer and the rest of the apartment (the rest of the apartment is actually pretty cold). Thanks for answering and trying to help! As i said earlier, i'll try to remove the dust sometime in the future.

-Opiumator