[SOLVED] help me i dont really get it...

Jun 18, 2020
i have 1 320gb hdd and it is connected at sata 4 port , im planning to buy 1 500gb hdd but i didnt know which sata port should i connect it.
can i just put my 500gb where the 320gb is connect and transfer the 320gb to any port sata 1,2,3
i really need your expertise about this

Solution
The physical port is not what determines where things download to.

1. Change the default download location in your browser.
  2. When you install something, you can choose where to install it. Select Custom or Advanced, and do it to a folder on the 500GB
  3. For Steam games, you can install them to the 500GB. You can even make that the default location.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

To move an already installed game
Games library
Right click the game
Properties
Local Files
Move Install Folder
If the 320GB drive is a bootable drive then it needs to stay connected where it is now because that's where the UEFI BIOS will look for it. Then you can add the other drive on whatever other SATA port you want. We need to know the motherboard to know whether or not the mobo has a UEFI BIOS. That's why rgd1101 was asking.

If the 320 GB drive is not bootable we'll need to know what other drives you have, how they are connected, and which one is bootable.

Jun 18, 2020
If the 320GB drive is a bootable drive then it needs to stay connected where it is now because that's where the UEFI BIOS will look for it. Then you can add the other drive on whatever other SATA port you want. We need to know the motherboard to know whether or not the mobo has a UEFI BIOS. That's why rgd1101 was asking.

If the 320 GB drive is not bootable we'll need to know what other drives you have, how they are connected, and which one is bootable.
im using msi a320-a pro m2 mother board

Jun 18, 2020
OK, so why would you need to move SATA connections around?
Just attach the new 500GB drive to one of the other SATA ports.
because when im done downloading things and installing its goes directly to the 320gb hdd and im to lazy to cut and copy it to the 500gb . i want the 500gb hdd to be the main storage i use, when im done downloading and installing i want it to go right through 500gb hdd, is it possible to change them places where the function of 320 will go to 500?

USAFRet

Titan
The physical port is not what determines where things download to.

1. Change the default download location in your browser.
  2. When you install something, you can choose where to install it. Select Custom or Advanced, and do it to a folder on the 500GB
  3. For Steam games, you can install them to the 500GB. You can even make that the default location.

Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

To move an already installed game
Games library
Right click the game
Properties