Question Help me i want to use my pc

May 22, 2024
on my pc it wont fully boot stopping giving an error code about a problem with a pcie card (gpu). i made sure everything was fine. i turned it on and it did work. i had turned it off for a few minutes while still plugged in. now it gives the same pcie error. i havent been able to fix it permanently for months. btw it is an upgraded optiplex 790 with a 1060 and i7 2600k.

i have looked at the pcie slot and gpu and they are totally fine. i dont know whats causing it and its really annoying as i have spent a lot of money on my pc and it wont work. i dont know if this could be psu related or what. i cant just get a new pc and this one is just not working so it would really help if someone can help. ive got some help from some other sources and it seems to be either motherboard or psu. the only thing i could do is get a new psu as a new motherboard would be really inconvenient.

May 22, 2024
Big question are you using the original Dell power supply. If so that's your first issue to take care of.
no, i forgot to put specs
gpu: gtx 1060
cpu: i7 2600k
psu: corsair vs550
ssd: kingston 1tb
i know that these psus can be bad sometimes, but when the pc is running normally, there is absolutely no issues. it doesnt run normally very often anymore. it worked fine 2 weeks ago but now it has only worked since today after a week the same error. im kind of new to hardware but not computers just the hardware side, anyways it could be the psu or just be the psu power cable to the wall but i highly doubt it and im not gonna buy a new one unless thats my last option.