Question Help me low FPS please.

Oct 11, 2019
My laptop is relatively new and pretty good, but its only running 100+ fps on csgo in high settings, and my friends are getting 200-300 fps.

My specs are:
CPU- i7-8750h
GPU-Nvidia GTX 1050
RAM- 8gb

Last edited by a moderator:
Uninstalling that does nothing. The integrated graphics are natively supported by windows. You can't remove support for them by uninstalling anything. You need to install the MOST recent Nvidia driver package for your graphics adapter, which is this one, assuming you are running Windows 10 64bit:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/152009/en-us

Then, you need to do this:

First, open the Nvidia Control Panel. One way to do that is right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop and choosing Nvidia Control Panel from the menu.
  • Navigate to 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings.
  • Open the tab Program Settings and choose the game from the dropdown menu.
  • Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown. Your Nvidia GPU should show as High performance Nvidia processor.

Finally, save your changes. Your game should now run with the dedicated Nvidia GPU.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Cioby

Distinguished
Okay, one of my friend who has 200-300 fps has a:
CPU- i5 processor
GPU- gtx1050ti

and yes i uninstalled my uhd graphics 630 from the desk manager
Do you also run the exact identical settings as they are? A simple Antialiasing on versus off, could mean 100 fps. Ultra settings vs medium.
Also check that you don't have any vsync or monitor technologies enabled, either in the game or in your Nvidia settings on desktop, same place where you go with the comment above. Then check the general settings or go to "specific application" and select CS:GO from the list, then check your settings on it.

Reactions: Darkbreeze