[SOLVED] Help me pick a GPU card

Jul 28, 2020
I'm putting together a new build, and I only have a few more decisions to make. I've read everything I could find on the internet, and I've narrowed the choices down to two. So, please help me pick one.

Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC
XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation 8GB RX-57XT83LD8

Frankly, there are lots of negative comments and reviews on all the RX5700XT cards, so I couldn't determine a clear winner. But, these two seem to be the safest choice and the price difference is not significant to me. I'm not looking for the best benchmarks. I'm looking for the most trouble free and stable card that installs with the least number of tweaks required, and also has good performance. I'm not a big gamer right now, but might try it in the future. I do intend to put in some time with MS Flight Simulator 2020.

My planned build:

Ryzen 7 3700X
ASRock B550 Taichi mobo
Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe Gen4 SSD
Crucial BX500 2TB Sata SSD
Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C case
Fractal Design Celsius+ 24 AIO
Seasonic Focus PX 750W

Not decided on a monitor yet, but down to AORUS F127Q or (-P) or LG27GL850-B.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Solution
Thank you for the suggestions. The price differences are not significant for me. The MSI RX5700XT Gaming X looks to be one of the lowest temp cards, and I get that's good from a longevity perspective. But the difference with some other cards only seems to be a few degrees. Is that a significant meaningful difference?
Actually the few degrees might be insignificant but the fans noise in cheaper brands are higher. Sapphire nitro+ and msi gaming x will have better heatsink, thus lower fans speed and noise

poorbugger

Distinguished
I'm putting together a new build, and I only have a few more decisions to make. I've read everything I could find on the internet, and I've narrowed the choices down to two. So, please help me pick one.

Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC
XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation 8GB RX-57XT83LD8

Frankly, there are lots of negative comments and reviews on all the RX5700XT cards, so I couldn't determine a clear winner. But, these two seem to be the safest choice and the price difference is not significant to me. I'm not looking for the best benchmarks. I'm looking for the most trouble free and stable card that installs with the least number of tweaks required, and also has good performance. I'm not a big gamer right now, but might try it in the future. I do intend to put in some time with MS Flight Simulator 2020.

My planned build:

Ryzen 7 3700X
ASRock B550 Taichi mobo
Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe Gen4 SSD
Crucial BX500 2TB Sata SSD
Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C case
Fractal Design Celsius+ 24 AIO
Seasonic Focus PX 750W

Not decided on a monitor yet, but down to AORUS F127Q or (-P) or LG27GL850-B.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Can you check to see the prices of msi gaming x rx 5700xt, sapphire pulse rx 5700 xt and sapphire nitro+ rx 5700xt? Because those 3 have better cooling

Jul 28, 2020
Can you check to see the prices of msi gaming x rx 5700xt, sapphire pulse rx 5700 xt and sapphire nitro+ rx 5700xt? Because those 3 have better cooling
Thank you for the suggestions. The price differences are not significant for me. The MSI RX5700XT Gaming X looks to be one of the lowest temp cards, and I get that's good from a longevity perspective. But the difference with some other cards only seems to be a few degrees. Is that a significant meaningful difference?

poorbugger

Distinguished
Actually the few degrees might be insignificant but the fans noise in cheaper brands are higher. Sapphire nitro+ and msi gaming x will have better heatsink, thus lower fans speed and noise

Solution