Help me please

Louie808

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Ok so I got all the pieces I need for my gaming pc. Now do I need to buy those cables that you need to use to hook up ur pc to a tv? Like hdmi and stuff. If so please tell me what I need

Solution
Depends on the monitor and the GPU you bought. Many new monitors have HDMI. They also have Display Port and DVI. ANy of those 3 are what you want. Your gpu likely doesn't have VGA, even if it does you don't want to use that.

Louie808

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

I mean other than a hdmi cord what else to I need the does not come with the pc parts. All I have is what I paid for nothing else.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Its unlikely you will need anything else. Unless you don't have like a keyboard and/or a mouse. Many monitors do have an HDMI cable with them, but if you're hooking up to a TV and don't have one laying around.

HDMI transmits audio and video to the TV.

Louie808

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

What about those things that you connect your pc to the monitor the ones that are usually blue

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If you are talking about a VGA cable you do not need that, you said you are connecting to a TV. HDMI does all you need.

There are no other cables that need to go to the monitor

Louie808

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017

What if I was to connect it with a monitor

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Depends on the monitor and the GPU you bought. Many new monitors have HDMI. They also have Display Port and DVI. ANy of those 3 are what you want. Your gpu likely doesn't have VGA, even if it does you don't want to use that.

Solution