[SOLVED] HELP ME PLEASE

Nov 3, 2020
My laptop is troubling me a lot for the past few days, it just keeps on freezing suddenly also making some kind of sound, and the only way to use it back again after it is to press the power button till it shut down. The laptop is out of warranty and the official Asus service center is like a 5-hour drive from where I live so I took my laptop to a Third-party technician. He said it might be a hard disk issue and asked me to upgrade with an SSD and I did and completely removed the HDD. Even now I'm having the same problem again and again.

please tell me what could possibly be causing this problem and how to fix it

LAPTOP DETAILS
Laptop Model: Asus TUF FX505DY
Processor: RYZEN 5 3550H
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX560X
SSD: WD SN550 500GB

THANK YOU

Solution
Sudden lockups are the worst kind of problems to debug.

Check temperatures of CPU and video card.
Check fans aren't blocked.
Confirm the problem still happens on mains power and it isn't just the battery.
Check Windows event log in case there was some relevant log messages just before crash.
Backup everything.
Try a clean Windows install or restore to factory defaults
Try MemTest86 as there is a small chance it might ne RAM.

But many laptops are not made to be repaired. CPU, RAM and video chip are often soldered to the motherboard. Which makes any repair of anything very expensive.

PassMark

Distinguished

Check Windows event log in case there was some relevant log messages just before crash.
Backup everything.

But many laptops are not made to be repaired. CPU, RAM and video chip are often soldered to the motherboard. Which makes any repair of anything very expensive.

Reactions: psyk_
Solution
Nov 3, 2020

Backup everything.

Thank you for the reply, I tried installing core temp after I saw your reply to check at what temp it is freezing. The second before the laptop froze the core temp app is showing the CPU temp is 42 C°, please don't tell me I should look for a new laptop.