Question help me selec a good bang for buck for long run monochrome laser printer duplex

human

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
HI
my use will be home use for text . windows user

I do need the duplex function(print 2 sides of a sheet)
i want it to be cheap to operate and maintain and not to expensive to buy new

not an expert but i feel like the printer has to offer the possibility to choose dpi dot per inch because low dpi still allows to be read and saves a lot!
not an expert but maybe a high yield capacity toner is better? not sure im waiting for your suggestions .

i dont need wireless nor cell phone connect.
i dont need color
i dont need the fax scanner

any brand to prefer or avoid?

I will buy through internet probably amazon please explain me what i need to consider and also if you have good suggestions it will be appreciated.

thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the meaning of "my use will be home use for text . windows user ".

I think you mean that the requirement is that you simply want to print out documents/text with no need for images, photos, graphs, etc..

And "toner" implies laser printer versus an inkjet printer. Correct?

What is "too expensive to buy"? Budget?

Be aware (just so you can prepare yourself) that many printers (as do many products) come with features that the potential buyer does not need or want.

Unfortunately for you, and all of us actually, all too many devices come with "features" we do not want or need.

And all of us can run afoul of terminology such as "high yield capacity toner".

What does that really mean and what does the "fine print" and other caveats reveal?

Likely loop holes that negate the headline claims.

The starting point for me is to go to the candidate printer's manufacturer's website and do two things:

1) Find and carefully read the applicable printer's User Guide/Manual.

2) Find and carefully read the applicable FAQ's and manufacturer Forums. Look for both what is said and what is not said.

Then look for printer reviews - read and evaluate as applicable.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

human

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
HI
what i mean by my use will be home use for text . windows user is that my computer runs windows and that i will use the printer to mosty print texts . couple black and white images nothing fancy.

yes i look for a monochrome laser printer double side capable.

i dont need any gadget (wireless fax etc) but if the printer can also scan, it would be nice

I am not competent enough and not willing to acquire all the knowledge from the manual and such . I ask for help trusting that another human being that knows this technology can like point me out 3 printer from amazon that are cost effective in the long run and reliable.

low Dot Per Inch possibility would be nice to safe powder since i dont need professionnal printing quality