[SOLVED] Help me solve a mystery ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
Hi, this is my first post here. despite following this site for 10 years. I have never ran into an issue like this before. And I guess it's time to ask for help.
I recently upgraded to the new Ryzen 3600 processor. And everything's been going pretty smooth until today.
So today my PC started to act up.
I sometimes get random restarts (black screen, then bios post) and when I'm playing CS GO online, I get a BSOD with the error message : "kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised IRQL"
I read somewhere that this could be related to the Wifi Adapter, so I turned it off and decided to play offline. In this situation, the game just crashes to desktop. I'll post my config and I'm hoping maybe some of you have come across this issue before. I've tryied many things like changing my RAM speed and timings (Issues were still persistent when all BIOS settings were on default.
Looking at my logs I noticed an error related to "nvd3dum.dll"

Config :
CPU : Ryzen 3600 (No OC)
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
GPU: MSI GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 8Go TeamGroup VulcanZ 2666 (1 Stick - Single channel)
PSU: OCZ ZS Series 550W
Wifi Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster H410
SSD: Crucial 256Gb

I thought that the problem was related to my ram. But when I put it at D.O.C.P. my system becomes more unstable.
I ran memory diagnostics and it said that it was OK.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be much appreciated. Let me know what other information I can post to help solve this.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/wqGl.html
File information:091819-15484-01.dmp (Sep 18 2019 - 12:53:07)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: Registry)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:091819-15296-01.dmp (Sep 17 2019 - 20:45:15)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:091819-15281-01.dmp (Sep 18 2019 - 12:30:02)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:091819-15218-01.dmp (Sep 17 2019 - 21:11:27)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

File information:091719-15437-01.dmp (Sep 17 2019 - 17:45:28)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)
BIOS info was not included in the 1st dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.
Thanks for the speedy reply, as for the bios, I have the latest one provided by Asus, as I had to update it anyway for the Ryzen 3000 compatibility.

So I ran MemTest86 and it finished with 0 errors after 4 passes. I also ran sfc /scannow and this is the message I got:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

EDIT:
here's a link to the log itself; I can't seem to make much sense out of it :CBS Log
As SFC scan indicates it found corrupt files and cannot fix some of them then I recommend a fresh install of the OS.
I have encountered situations of corrupted win32 files before and you end up chasing your tale trying to identify the culprit.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Those are strange errors to be getting

The top driver is too old for win 10
May 30 2012 FNETURPX.SYS FNet User Proxy driver (FNet Co., Ltd.) http://www.gotofnet.com/
May 19 2017 FNETHYRAMAS.SYS Hybr Ram (FNet Co., Ltd.) http://www.gotofnet.com/

this can cause BSOD
May 05 2013 ScpVBus.sys Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver http://forums.pcsx2.net/

these have been causing BSOD recently - Yes, they are the newest Nvidia drivers
Sep 05 2019 nvlddmkm.sys Nvidia Graphics Card driver http://www.nvidia.com/

if you get an error blaming a dll of the Nvidia drivers, best option is to run ddu and then run windows update after and let windows find drivers, they are old Nvidia drivers but I find they cause less crashes than new ones
https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Razer drivers are getting old (2015)

I have seen this cause BSOD as well
Nov 12 2018 dtlitescsibus.sys DAEMON Tools Lite Virtual SCSI Bus (Disc Soft Ltd)
Nov 26 2018 dtliteusbbus.sys DAEMON Tools Lite Virtual USB Bus (Disc Soft Ltd)

the actual BSOD aren't really showing me a driver name so I had to look for possible causes.

Reactions: PC Tailor

Colif

Win 11 Master
If SFC is corrupted, there are easier fixes since op is on 1903

try this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
copy/paste this command into the window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

If you get an error running that asking for source,
you have 2 options
run the source command =
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

Or Do a repair install - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
So, I ended up just doing a fresh install of Windows. and it works now . Though to not take any risks, I kept the nvidia drivers from windows. Stayed away from suspicious drivers previously mentioned. I've been running the PC for a few hours now, trying out gaming, videos, stressing the system etc and all seems to be running like butter. Not a single crash or error. Thanks so much for your help guys.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Honestly, it was pretty easy. I have all my personal files on seperate HDD's, I only use the SSD for a OS and a few important apps. Took me less than an hour to do the whole thing.

Sounds like me. Only put things on ssd that would need to be reinstalled anyway. Everything else on hdd. Not everyone is so organised so I try to avoid installs that may not be necessary.

Reactions: DMAN999

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
Sounds like me. Only put things on ssd that would need to be reinstalled anyway. Everything else on hdd. Not everyone is so organised so I try to avoid installs that may not be necessary.
Well, here's another laugh. I just got a new BSOD ! " Kernal Security Check Failure "
Linking the dump file. DUMP
I am completely lost for words right now ...
Also got another nvd3dum.dll crash in event viewer.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/i4TC.html

File information:092119-16250-01.dmp (Sep 21 2019 - 14:30:51)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
I cannot access the dump file through that link unfortunately.
Did you say you just clean installed windows?
Did it happen in a certain application / under a certain load?
gardenman seems to have ran it through the debugger. Any thoughts ? The crashes seem to happen when I'm playing CS:GO. Sometimes it crashes to desktop with nvd3dum.dll causing it. Sometimes it just BSODs

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
run ddu and then run windows update after the restart and use the MIcrosoft drivers. as I have probably said already, they are just old Nvidia drivers from a year ago that are more stable than latest

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/
The drivers I am using ARE the old ones. Didn't use Nvidia at all. Though this might make things interesting :
I remembered that I had updated the BIOS to the latest version (2704) so, out of desperation I decided to roll back a version (2605). So far I haven't had any BSODs or crashes. So to test this further I have put my self in a game online, and left myself in Spectate mode, and now will leave it for a while. After a few hours I'll come back and hopefully I'll still be in-game. Crossing my fingers for this one. Will post update.

Reactions: DMAN999

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
MIcrosoft must have updated their drivers then as you have May drivers installed and I am sure mine are from 2017. It is why I suggested it.
Update: So I've been running my system for the past couple of days on this and I have no more BSOD's (fiewww) but, I do have frequent crashes of my CS:GO with the error "Bad_Module_Info" in the Event Viewer. It's a constant one, never a different error, it's been that same one for the past 5-6 games. Any ideas ?

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019

Tried using Prime95 and I need to pay close attention because of the size of all the windows, but Workers 3 always stops working :

[Oct 3 11:32] Worker starting
[Oct 3 11:32] Beginning a continuous self-test on your computer.
[Oct 3 11:32] Please read stress.txt. Choose Test/Stop to end this test.
[Oct 3 11:32] Test 1, 44000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M6684673 using FMA3 FFT length 336K, Pass1=448, Pass2=768, clm=1.
[Oct 3 11:32] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
[Oct 3 11:32] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Oct 3 11:32] Torture Test completed 0 tests in 0 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
[Oct 3 11:32] Worker stopped.

All my BIOS settings are on default.

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
UPDATE: When running a full blend test on Prime95 I get workers 3 & 4 stop running almost immediately after I start the test. But when I run a small fft L1/L2/L3 the stress test runs fine with no errors. It seems that there is a problem when adding the ram and memory controller to the stress test. A friend of mine is bringing his DDR4 RAM later this afternoon and I'll be doing a stress test with his. Will post the results.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I take it CPU isn't overclocked?

from what I can tell, bumping up vcore on CPU in the smallest increments possible is a way to stop the rounding errors and the workers stopping. Test CPU after each bump/

the stress.txt file is in the install folder of Prime95

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
I take it CPU isn't overclocked?

from what I can tell, bumping up vcore on CPU in the smallest increments possible is a way to stop the rounding errors and the workers stopping. Test CPU after each bump/

the stress.txt file is in the install folder of Prime95
Cpu is at stock. all settings in Bios are on default. While stressing on Prime95, the Vcore goes as far as 1.45v. How much ´voltage should I add ?

Naks92

Reputable
Sep 17, 2019
I am not 100% sure but I asked for help.
So I went into the BIOS and put the Vcore voltage to a fixed 1.4v. Running Prime95 right now and all seems perfectly stable. Voltage stays between 1.406v and 1.438v. No errors on any workers so far. Can we assume that the error we were getting had something to do with voltage ? If so it seems weird that setting a manual one, instead of Auto would have this effect ? Will try testing gaming and see if there are any crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.