Build Advice Help me to choose right

May 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I want to buy some new hardware to build a new PC for Grafic Disign(solid edge, solid works, inventor, etc) and 3D rendering.

I am thinking of this parts :

CPU: Intel i7 8700k
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
GPU: NVIDIA RTX2060 - MSI Gaming
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX,16GB(2 X 8 GB), DDR4, 3200 MHz, C16 XMP 2.0,
Storage PCIe-SSD: Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB, M.2
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A II S1151v2 Z370/DDR4/ATX

My question is: these parts are compatible ? (The Memory and the Motherboard)

Thank you

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hi Nyls and welcome to the forums!

Yes, those parts are compatible with each other. Just remember that if budget isn't a huge concern, your CPU is a great combination with even better graphics cards such as the 2080. So you're not limited to the 2060. Obviously you'll need to enable XMP to get the full 3200 out of your RAM.
You may want to consider having another storage drive as I suspect the 512GB would fill up incredibly quickly.

Also remember you need to consider your case and you need a good quality power supply (something like a good quality 500/550W would be perfectly suitable with good overhead).

The last thing to consider when using an M2 on this board is the following:

The M.2_1 socket shares SATA_1 port when use M.2 SATA mode device. Adjust BIOS settings to use a SATA device.
The M.2_2 socket shares SATA_56 ports when use M.2 PCIE mode device in X4 mode. Adjust BIOS settings to use M.2 PCIE devices in X4 mode.

Reactions: nyls
May 11, 2019

Yes, those parts are compatible with each other. Just remember that if budget isn't a huge concern, your CPU is a great combination with even better graphics cards such as the 2080. So you're not limited to the 2060. Obviously you'll need to enable XMP to get the full 3200 out of your RAM.
You may want to consider having another storage drive as I suspect the 512GB would fill up incredibly quickly.

Also remember you need to consider your case and you need a good quality power supply (something like a good quality 500/550W would be perfectly suitable with good overhead).

The M.2_1 socket shares SATA_1 port when use M.2 SATA mode device. Adjust BIOS settings to use a SATA device.
The M.2_2 socket shares SATA_56 ports when use M.2 PCIE mode device in X4 mode. Adjust BIOS settings to use M.2 PCIE devices in X4 mode.

thank you !

Reactions: PC Tailor
May 11, 2019

Forgot to ask, any youtube tuttorial on how to change the bios settings for M.2 ?

What is the make/model of your case?
You will need 163mm height for the DRP4 cooler.
Otherwise, compatible.

You could build as is, but I have a few thoughts:

1. Consider the i7-9700K. I is similar in price to the 8700K and has better total throughput and individual core speeds.
  2. The advantage of the PRO versions is longer endurance.
For a desktop user, there is no advantage. Pro might last 20 years vs. 15 for the EVO version.

m.2 is a size format; about the size of a stick of gum.
Nothing special to do; you insert it into a slot on the motherboard. No power or cables needed.
With today's lower ssd prices, consider using 1tb up front.

May 11, 2019
What is the make/model of your case?
You will need 163mm height for the DRP4 cooler.
Otherwise, compatible.

You could build as is, but I have a few thoughts:

1. Consider the i7-9700K. I is similar in price to the 8700K and has better total throughput and individual core speeds.
  2. The advantage of the PRO versions is longer endurance.
For a desktop user, there is no advantage. Pro might last 20 years vs. 15 for the EVO version.

m.2 is a size format; about the size of a stick of gum.
Nothing special to do; you insert it into a slot on the motherboard. No power or cables needed.
With today's lower ssd prices, consider using 1tb up front.

Corsair case mid tower Carbide Series 100R

Thank you for the tips

May 11, 2019
If this is your case, you have a problem, the case has 150mm available:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139057

I might consider a different case.
150mm can let you use a cryorig H7 cooler with a 120mm fan, but I think a 8700K or 9700K is going to want better cooling.
If this is your case, you have a problem, the case has 150mm available:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139057

I might consider a different case.
150mm can let you use a cryorig H7 cooler with a 120mm fan, but I think a 8700K or 9700K is going to want better cooling.

can u recomand me a cooler who can fix my case or another case please?

May 11, 2019

Hi again,

I finaly build my PC . I still have problems to understand (sorry about that) how to set the M.2 in bios settings.

I have put my "Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 (500GB)" in M.2_1 slot .

I dont know where in bios i have to set "" The M.2_1 socket shares SATA_1 port when use M.2 SATA mode device. Adjust BIOS settings to use a SATA device. ""

Thank you