Help me to choose

xtiiandalluay8

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
i have a MSI H61M-P31 (G3) motherboard does the board supports all video cards? please list the support video cards for my motherboard thanks

Solution
That motherboard supports ALL videocards that have a PCIe slot.
the real question if you put in a high wattage card like the 1080ti, which the board supports btw, is the power supply.
the motherboard will work with ANY PCIe videocard.

PCI video cards which are still available are not compatible, motherboard has no 32-bit PCI slots
AGP cards which should be retired will not work, may be a few for sale
keyword to look for is PCIe x1, x2, or x3. PCIe is the dealbreaker but most (97%) videocards available today are PCIe

what is the rest of the system CPU, GPU monitor resolution and PSU? I'll gladly suggest an appropriate group of cards to help.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
That motherboard supports ALL videocards that have a PCIe slot.
the real question if you put in a high wattage card like the 1080ti, which the board supports btw, is the power supply.
the motherboard will work with ANY PCIe videocard.

PCI video cards which are still available are not compatible, motherboard has no 32-bit PCI slots
AGP cards which should be retired will not work, may be a few for sale
keyword to look for is PCIe x1, x2, or x3. PCIe is the dealbreaker but most (97%) videocards available today are PCIe

what is the rest of the system CPU, GPU monitor resolution and PSU? I'll gladly suggest an appropriate group of cards to help.

Solution