Help me with my absolutely wonderful monitor please

Mar 6, 2018
My monitor is LG flatron e2041 I don't know about the output thing. I use Ryzen 3 2200g APU

I tried connecting it to my laptop and it worked just fine. But when I tried with my PC it doesn't work at all. It said "check signal cable" The PC works fine when I check it with the local shop.

I did just install a new Windows on my PC so the drivers are probably not updated. Is that the case here?

also last thread got deleted. Inappropriate use of words I think lol sorry

Solution
AMD and Nvidia are removing analog support from their cards. We get threads all the time now where someone buys a 1050, or a 1060, and their monitor no longer works. I'm not sure if the 2200G has dropped analog support, but if you are still on VGA and your monitor supports DVI, just buy the cable and give it a shot. I'm guessing it will work.

Does your board have VGA output? If you are using an adapter to go from the DVI on the board to the VGA on the monitor that's the problem. If you are VGA on the board to VGA on the monitor I'm less sure that's the issue. It's not a driver thing. I know that.

4745454b

Titan
I just fixed your other thread/replies. You have a serious swearing issue. I hope you stop using those words as we don't allow them here.

Looking at a review online, that monitor comes with a VGA and DVI connection. Are you using the DVI? I don't think the R3 2200G has any analog support though I could be wrong.

Mar 6, 2018

Will do. I was so pissed about everything my bad.

I'm using VGA. I have little knowledge about these kind of things. Will it be fixed if I use DVI? I read online and it says that it can carry both digital and analog right? I just hope that it's not about driver issues because then im so screwed
Thanks for the help

4745454b

Titan
AMD and Nvidia are removing analog support from their cards. We get threads all the time now where someone buys a 1050, or a 1060, and their monitor no longer works. I'm not sure if the 2200G has dropped analog support, but if you are still on VGA and your monitor supports DVI, just buy the cable and give it a shot. I'm guessing it will work.

Does your board have VGA output? If you are using an adapter to go from the DVI on the board to the VGA on the monitor that's the problem. If you are VGA on the board to VGA on the monitor I'm less sure that's the issue. It's not a driver thing. I know that.

Solution
Mar 6, 2018

My board does have both VGA and DVI. I'm using VGA to VGA right now. I guess I will have to buy a DVI cable and try it out. If it doesn't work, well, new monitor it is. Thanks again good sir.

Mar 6, 2018

Hi there. Thanks for dropping by!

The funny thing is that the buttons on my monitor...didn't do anything. I pressed everything, but nothing comes up. weird. It might be that it waits for the DVI input like you said.