[SOLVED] Help me with my Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2500 (no k).

skittleguy

Commendable
Jul 28, 2021
I just purchased a motherboard with 4gb ram + 4gb ram from my computer and with i5 2500 (not k). I opened CPU-Z and i see my proccesor using 1596mhz and 3391mhz. On my box say's turbo to 3.7 ghz and on task manager runs on 3.85ghz. Why ?

Solution
I'd be surprised to see anything above 3.7 GHz (single core turbo)/3.4 GHz (all-cores active turbo, barring tinkering with base clock 100 MHz upwards on certain mainboards, anyway...(if base clock were adjusted to 104 MHz, one might see about ~3848 MHz under single core tasks.

That being the case, I've not personally seen task manager that far off on showing at least the top speed currently utilized on one core, even if slightly slower to update than some monitoring software..
I'd be surprised to see anything above 3.7 GHz (single core turbo)/3.4 GHz (all-cores active turbo, barring tinkering with base clock 100 MHz upwards on certain mainboards, anyway...(if base clock were adjusted to 104 MHz, one might see about ~3848 MHz under single core tasks.

That being the case, I've not personally seen task manager that far off on showing at least the top speed currently utilized on one core, even if slightly slower to update than some monitoring software..

Solution