Question Help me work out strange PC issue please?

mattatcomputer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2012
Hi all. I have had this issue for quite some time but I've been too lazy to fix it as I found a sort of temporary solution.

The issue:

I will get BSOD just randomly while using my dekstop PC. However, the errors will be different almost every time which makes it difficult to pinpoint the problem. One that comes up a fair amount is APC _Index_Mismatch. Another one is
Kernel_auto_boost lock acquisition with raised IRQL. I haven't worked out what triggers this issue, it seems to be pretty much random. However, I can prevent the issue (mostly, as it does occasionally still happen regardless), by running a game e.g. Overwatch 2 in the background while I use the PC normally. I can't work out why this is, I am guessing the game is somehow keeping whatever is causing the issue, engaged and preventing it from putting my PC into BSOD.

Any help is greatly appreciated as always.

Jan 30, 2023
Hi all. I have had this issue for quite some time but I've been too lazy to fix it as I found a sort of temporary solution.

The issue:

I will get BSOD just randomly while using my dekstop PC. However, the errors will be different almost every time which makes it difficult to pinpoint the problem. One that comes up a fair amount is APC _Index_Mismatch. Another one is
Kernel_auto_boost lock acquisition with raised IRQL. I haven't worked out what triggers this issue, it seems to be pretty much random. However, I can prevent the issue (mostly, as it does occasionally still happen regardless), by running a game e.g. Overwatch 2 in the background while I use the PC normally. I can't work out why this is, I am guessing the game is somehow keeping whatever is causing the issue, engaged and preventing it from putting my PC into BSOD.

Any help is greatly appreciated as always.
Whenever you have BSOD's randomly when not while full load - most of the time it's the RAM . Could be drivers, but if they are all updated, it's a hardware issue.
Had similar issues and RAM as the problem - not broken, incompatibility issues.

TRENDING THREADS