Question Help Mining with a GTX 1650 Super 4GB

AnimexGamer

Honorable
Nov 3, 2015
Hello! I'm very new to mining! I only have a GTX 1650 Super 4GB card from Zotac and I only intended to use this card for gaming. However, recently with the pandemic, I've grown to other types of hobbies, which has ultimately lessened my time for gaming. My PC now has a lot of idle time. When I told this to my friend, he said I should just leave it to mine since it would be giving me small but passive income.

It's only been 5 days and I've used NiceHash (because NiceHash QuickMiner wouldn't accept my GPU) and so far I have gained $5. This is fine for me since this is still extra income, and I don't have to worry about costs for electricity because I'm not paying for it.

I understand that this is a very weak card for mining, and for most people who have to worry about electricity costs, this is not profitable. However, when I do quick google searches I find pictures like these and I see that there is SUPPOSEDLY more profit on other... platforms? Or IDK what to call it, since I'm very new to mining and have only used NiceHash

gec3jb5l3fj71.png

Source: https://minerstat.com/hardware/nvidia-gtx-1650-super

rh494gzv3fj71.png

Source: https://www.gpucheck.com/profitability/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-super

It seems that on both these sites, it says that I can potentially double my profit per month if I use 1) Ravencoin? - and 2) XZC-MTP (CCMiner)?

Can anyone please explain to me:
1.) What that Ravencoin RVN is and how it has a higher Daily Profit than my current setup (~$1.25 vs. $2.76)

2.) What XZC-MTP (CCMiner) is and how it also has a higher Daily Profit than my current setup (~$1.25 vs. $2.70)

3.) If they are truly accurate estimates, how would I go about switching to those platforms?

PS: My friend also told me that NiceHash automatically benchmarks and selects the "algorithm" that is most profitable for my setup, and it is currently what I'm running right now on NiceHash. Is this the best option for me?

AnimexGamer

Honorable
Nov 3, 2015
Why is electricity free? Did the party responsible for paying for the electric bill agree to this use? Because for ethical reasons, I have little inclination to help if you're just picking someone's pocket.

The agreement includes the electricity cost coming from my PC, so I guess it counts? I also play games a lot so it's kinda similar to just leaving it to mine.

Paras.K

Prominent
Dec 5, 2020
Hey I don't know why people ask about electricity. You already said its out of context.
ok the point is Nicehash is a marketplace where people buy and sell hashpower ( hashpower is work your graphic card is doing )
so you aren't mining on nicehash you are selling your hashpower to other people in nicehash marketplace
maybe sometimes its more profitable but most times, mining directly (other platforms) is a lot more profitable
you can't mine bitcoin so raven coin is a alt coin and thats minable
so check on youtube on how to mine raven coin

AnimexGamer

Honorable
Nov 3, 2015
Hey I don't know why people ask about electricity. You already said its out of context.
ok the point is Nicehash is a marketplace where people buy and sell hashpower ( hashpower is work your graphic card is doing )
so you aren't mining on nicehash you are selling your hashpower to other people in nicehash marketplace
maybe sometimes its more profitable but most times, mining directly (other platforms) is a lot more profitable
you can't mine bitcoin so raven coin is a alt coin and thats minable
so check on youtube on how to mine raven coin

Thank you so much! People on other forums also answered my question relating to the cost of electricity. You're the first one to be helpful so far.

DSzymborski

Titan
Thank you so much! People on other forums also answered my question relating to the cost of electricity. You're the first one to be helpful so far.

We tend to look dimly on people who are literally trying to take advantage of others, as you indicated when you mentioned that you "didn't have to worry about" the cost of electricity. That you equate running your PC nonstop to directly convert your landlord's electricity into money for you to normal usage of a PC is basically grifting.