Question [Help] Motherboard light on, pc won't turn on

Jan 15, 2023
Hello!

I just installed a new AIO for my computer. After unplugging the old one, and installing an extra fan, the computer won't start anymore. There is an indication light on the motherboard that tells me it has power.

This is my system:

Case: NZXT S340 (Razer Edition)
Motherboard: Strix Z270E Gaming
PSU: Corsair CX750M
AIO: Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix
RAM: Kingston Fury DDR4 16GB x2

I have taken out my GPU to eliminate one potential problem. This computer worked fine just before I started working on it.

What I've tried so far:

• Unplugging everything except essentials.
  • Taken out the new AIO and replacing it with my old one.
  • Double and tripple checking all connections.
  • Checked CPU socket to see if I bent any pins and checking if it is inserted correctly.
  • Jump started the PC with screwdrivers (this did nothing even though the motherboard power indicator says it is receiving power).
  • Checked RAM
  • Changed CMOS battery
  • Checked if everything is using their correct pins by looking in the manual for all products in the computer.

The only things I touched when installing was the CPU cooler and fans in general.

I am starting to lose my mind now after 8 hours and I am running out of options. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 15, 2023
What CPU do you have installed? Do you have any fan connected to the CPU fan header? Does anything at all show up on your display when you power on?
The CPU installed is a Intel i7-7700K.
The fan connected to the CPU_FAN is the fan for the AIO. I have no display connected because there is no power-on happening.
Thanks for your quick answer!

Jan 15, 2023
Jan 15, 2023
With the original config, still nothing?

When you made the previous changes, did you disconnect all power sources BEFORE working inside your rig (power cable, display cable, powered speakers, etc)?
Yes it is very strange. It should now be the same config as before but still nothing. Everything was disconnected. All cables pulled out and power supply turned off. I have a feeling that maybe something has been shorted? PSU or Motherboard? Since I've tried a lot of things. Not sure how to test these thought.