[SOLVED] HELP!!!!!!!. My computer keeps Power Cycling....

Dec 30, 2020
I just built my new computer, and its been running great for about a month now . But all of the sudden today It started power cycling. I have tried unplugging the cable for the psu and then holding the power button on the case down to clear everything and nothing fixed. I tried switching dimm slots and nothing aswell still power cycles. Please i need some help It would be greatly appreciated. I have no clue what could be wrong with it. Also everything lights up for about 2-3 seconds and than it power cycles.
My Specs are:
CPU:i9 10850KA
MOBO: Aourus Z-490 Master
GPU: 5700 XT
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO
HD: STB barracuda.
PSU:Corsair CX750F RGB
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600mhz

Solution
Is there any way that you can give me a picture of where the JBAT 1 jumper is because i cant find it.
also the mobo i have has LED status lights for CPU VGA DRAM and BOOT.
The only light that is shining when it does its cycle is CPU.
So im still clueless on whats going on.
Also i have tried pressing the clear cmos button on the Back IO of the mobo and nothing has happened from that

JBAT1 picture: it's CLR_CMOS jumper, bottom right of your motherboard. very near where you see the LED status lights.
page 37 of this pdf:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z490-aorus-master_1001_e.pdf

"The only light that is shining when it does its cycle is CPU"
Nevermind the lights. they only mean something is wrong...
Dec 30, 2020
@Caden25000
Clear CMOS by unplugging the cable from psu. then use screwdriver to short circuit the JBAT1 jumper for 10 seconds.

OR

take the mobo battery out for a minute.
Is there any way that you can give me a picture of where the JBAT 1 jumper is because i cant find it.
Also i have tried pressing the clear cmos button on the Back IO of the mobo and nothing has happened from that

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020

JBAT1 picture: it's CLR_CMOS jumper, bottom right of your motherboard. very near where you see the LED status lights.
page 37 of this pdf:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z490-aorus-master_1001_e.pdf

Nevermind the lights. they only mean something is wrong, not exactly that the wrong thing is what they say.... for example I put a server ram on the motherboard. cpu was not compatible with it. motherboard was showing cpu red light. I though something is wrong with cpu. But problem was ram. was never showing red light near ram. so don't listen to what it says, just see the red, that's all.

Solution
Dec 30, 2020
page 37 of this pdf:

Nevermind the lights. they only mean something is wrong, not exactly that the wrong thing is what they say.... for example I put a server ram on the motherboard. cpu was not compatible with it. motherboard was showing cpu red light. I though something is wrong with cpu. But problem was ram. was never showing red light near ram. so don't listen to what it says, just see the red, that's all.
alright. so after everything, we unplugged my 2tb mass storage drive and just ran Boot ssd and it worked. and then plugged HDD back in and then it ended up booting all together.
Thank you for the help

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
alright. so after everything, we unplugged my 2tb mass storage drive and just ran Boot ssd and it worked. and then plugged HDD back in and then it ended up booting all together.
Thank you for the help

go to bios settings, in the boot loading options, remove hdd from the list. change it to none/disabled or just bring it down to the list.
don't let it be detected before ssd as bootable device.