Question HELP, My custom PC isnt recognized on TV.

Jun 6, 2021
Hi there!

So I had a problem with my custom pc build, the CPU,DRAM,VGA, and BOOT lights have went white, in order, staying on BOOT, and when i plugged in my gpu to the tv with HDMI i still had no signal. I tried without the gpu and still same result. I will share specs and a gif of the pc

SPEC:

MOTHERBOARD: Msi Z490 A-Pro

CPU: intel i5 10600 K Comet Lake

RAM: 1 stick on 3rd slot : g. skill aegis ddr4 f4-3000c16s-8gisb

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060

PSU: GameMac RGB-750

Tv is a modern Vizio

Ive also added pictures below, I hope it works

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi there!

So I had a problem with my custom pc build, the CPU,DRAM,VGA, and BOOT lights have went white, in order, staying on BOOT, and when i plugged in my gpu to the tv with HDMI i still had no signal. I tried without the gpu and still same result. I will share specs and a gif of the pc

SPEC:

MOTHERBOARD: Msi Z490 A-Pro

CPU: intel i5 10600 K Comet Lake

RAM: 1 stick on 3rd slot : g. skill aegis ddr4 f4-3000c16s-8gisb

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060

PSU: GameMac RGB-750

Tv is a modern Vizio

Ive also added pictures below, I hope it works

Thanks in advance for the help

Page 27 of your manual:
"Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first."
Which is the 2nd slot from CPU

Jun 6, 2021
Ive tried to put the memory module in the 2nd slot (and the 4th and 1st) and none worked, Ive also tried to directly put the gpu on the pci #1 slot but both did not work, thank you for your input though, any more ideas?

Jun 6, 2021
Ok, ill try that, but should the bios screen be showing? I wanted to see that to make sure my boot usb worked, although it should since i used the tool. I also know its not the cable, since it worked with another device, so Ill try another tv to see if thats the issue.

Ok, ill try that, but should the bios screen be showing? I wanted to see that to make sure my boot usb worked, although it should since i used the tool. I also know its not the cable, since it worked with another device, so Ill try another tv to see if thats the issue.
bios doesnt need display...its nothing unusual to see black screen on bios, once in windows all should work well...but without OS u may want to see bios afterall

Jun 6, 2021
I have to select the entry (hdmi 0/ hdmi 1)

However I think I found the problem, when I kept the power to the gpu and riser, and instead connected the riser output to a different pc, it still couldnt connect, meaning that the gpus arent working with the motherboards I have, is there a way to tell if its the gpu or the riser? I have 3 gpus lying around and around 3 risers, and they all share the same problem.

Also, I know most bioses should show a black screen, but It should still detect a source from the tv, instead of no input.

Jun 6, 2021
Yes, so to give more information, I had recently gotten these 3 gpus, and this motherboard. I had another pc, with a gpu and motherboard. I took apart the old pc, and used the new gpus on both the old and new motherboards. No dice. I had also used my old gpu on the new motherboard. Also no dice. But both my old gpu and old motherboard work, as I put it back together and it is working 100%. So both my new motherboard and my new gpus arent working, and I have no idea why.

Yes, so to give more information, I had recently gotten these 3 gpus, and this motherboard. I had another pc, with a gpu and motherboard. I took apart the old pc, and used the new gpus on both the old and new motherboards. No dice. I had also used my old gpu on the new motherboard. Also no dice. But both my old gpu and old motherboard work, as I put it back together and it is working 100%. So both my new motherboard and my new gpus arent working, and I have no idea why.
Are these "new parts " really new, or a set possibly worn out by mining ?
Did you try the new mobo with the old PSU ?.

Jun 6, 2021
UPDATE: I did something weird to see what was happening, so I had connected my new gpu in my old motherboard in the PCI #1 slot, with the hdmi running through the GPU. I had then used my riser to connect my old gpu to my old motherboard PCI #2 slot. When I did this, the old motherboard turned on, however it was using the motherboards graphics. I also found it interesting that task manager did find my old gpu, despite it not running (and it did not find the new gpu plugged in PCI#1, despite the hdmi running through it.)

The gpus could be worn out, as I had gotten them from someone saying that they recently opened from the box, and comparing with my gpus the claim seems to hold, and the motherboard is straight out the box new.

I had not tried the old PSU with the new motherboard yet, despite it powering everything could it be the problem? It would explain why my old gpu didnt work on the new mother board, but it still turned on. It also doesnt explain the gpus.

Thank you for your guys input, its really helpful.

Jun 6, 2021
Another Update: I did the weird thing as above, but replaced the old gpu with a new one, and the same results occured, however instead of picking up the old gpu that wasnt doing anything it picked up the new gpu that wasnt doing anything. This is me putting the new gpu in the PCI #2 slot with a riser, and using a new gpu in the PCI #1. PCI #1s gpu gets ignored, and although PCI #2 is not doing anything, it will get detected by the pc (everything is powered on and seems to be powered, the proof being LEDs and fans.)

Jun 6, 2021
Scratch that, it just turns out one of my new gpus seems to work fine on my old pc. To give info on gpus, I have a
RTX 2060 (old)
RTX 2070 S
RTX 2080 S
RTX 3060

The last three are new, and the one the works was the 2080S. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the 3060 and the 2070, but it still doesnt explain why the old motherboard doesnt work with any gpu, and eveything seems to be powered and working.

Jun 6, 2021
Ok, after doing all that the only things that have seemed to work was my old mother board , the 2060 and the 2080S

the new motherboard did not work at all, along with the 2070S and the 3060.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
It could probably be a PSU problem. Probably having a hard time sustaining powerdraw of 3060.

Find other PSU's you can borrow to test. Test first without the riser.