[SOLVED] Help, my Ethernet connection keeps disappearing

Oct 11, 2019
Mostly around the evening for some reason I lose my connection with my ethernet. When I use the Windows problem solver it says that my ethernet has no valid IP configuration.
I've tried to reboot my router and I've tried things like turning off the IPv6, using the windows powershell with commands like ipconfig /release and netsh and I've tried updating Windows and the driver for the network adapter.
But it doesn't seem to work whatever I try.
So please if somebody can help me let me know.

I'm using Windows 10.

Solution
A modem is usually an ISP owned device, not to to touch or interfere with. Its a no-no.
Hence the facility to call the ISP and get help with connection issues.

They can instantly check from their site, if the modem is connected and working.
Be very specific on your failure symptom, they may be able to do more checks which could point to problems on your side of the modem connection.

ISP = internet service provider, usually your local Electric Company, telephone company or TV/communications company.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Is it an ISP router, or do you have access to another router for testing ?

Make sure your router is not overheating.
They usually have a very lonely life with spiderwebs, dust and whatever.

Oct 11, 2019
Thank you for your quick reply,

I'm sorry it's not a router but a modem and it hangs on the wall in the living room without any cobwebs or dust.
And I don't have access to another router/modem.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
A modem is usually an ISP owned device, not to to touch or interfere with. Its a no-no.
Hence the facility to call the ISP and get help with connection issues.

They can instantly check from their site, if the modem is connected and working.
Be very specific on your failure symptom, they may be able to do more checks which could point to problems on your side of the modem connection.

ISP = internet service provider, usually your local Electric Company, telephone company or TV/communications company.

Solution